aberdeen-music

Noise Pollution / Radio Lucifer / Pure Lead / Aurora @ Tunnels 15/06/05

Shotgun Blues (shagged out of battle of the bands by paddy rasta) think they're playing this gig.... they've told all their friends and i'm going to this... (if it's still scheduled for tuesday night).

Wednesdays are much sexier nights for gigs. You should come along anyway Mr Coconutass :cheers:

I thought it was a pretty decent gig.

Soul dout.

Expected something heavier from 'em as they sport an ultra-tallented guitarist but it seemed to be quasi-metal set full of power ballads. Probably a case of being put on the wrong bill, rekon an older audience or rooster support would have been better.

Radio Lucifer

Band of the evening, prime example of 110% no matter how many people you play to. The start of the set was explosive but i think - more on the audiences' part - the steam was lost after the slow songs. Guessing there's a CD to buy as i really want one.

Element 106

Like mixing sugar babes after a car crash with early system of a down in a snuff film. Pretty rare stuff and speak about a bassist, that guy was on ultra-top form. Not my thing, but good stuff nonetheless.

Pure Lead

I can imagine they've played much better sets in the past few months; a set plagued by small errors and jacks jumping out. Singer has a much stronger voice and the songs are much more technical from when i last saw 'em. Some short bits, or even jamming between songs is always better than off-the-cuff interaction.