aberdeen-music

New Ginger tune!

medichi

Guest tv tanned

this is magnificent!

Makes me look forward to his album whenever it comes out.

After the shit he's been through lately, it's great to see him channelling things this way.

The tune is definitley a grower, liking it more and more with repeated listens. Seems like Ginger's back on track creatively. Seen is new diary thing on the WH website? I wouldn't expect new WH material for a while, if ever....

But you never know with The Wildhearts do you? I've been listening to them again alot recently, and stick by my earlier assertions that they are/were the greatest British rock band ever.

Guest tv tanned
The tune is definitley a grower' date=' liking it more and more with repeated listens. Seems like Ginger's back on track creatively. Seen is new diary thing on the WH website? I wouldn't expect new WH material for a while, if ever.... [/quote']

Pretty heart-wrenching stuff like, I felt really uncomfortable reading it.

But you never now with The Wildhearts do you? I've been listening to them again alot recently, and stick by my earlier assertions that they are/were the greatest British rock band ever.

Amen to that

Pretty heart-wrenching stuff like' date=' I felt really uncomfortable reading it.

[/quote']

So did I. If anyone hasn't read read it yet, I would reccomended it. it's strong stuff. But he ain't gettin' no sympathy from me, one of his biggest fans. It would be double standards for me to say anything else after my Pete Doherty rant, so I'll say this: Ginger - You are a fucking loser. I agree with Lucifer and think the 'Hearts are one of, if not the best British rock band ever. I love everything they've ever done, bought everything they've ever released and hung on every word Ginger has said. Despite the bust - ups, break - ups and fall - outs i've always thought there was a reason behind everything and it was all just a shambolic quality that Ginger brought to everything.

But now, getting back onto smack again has just underlined why he will be the biggest underachiever in British rock. And he has pretty remarkable double standards, too - Chucking danny out of the bands as he was "unstable" and "couldn't focus on the band" - Well how the fuck can Ginger concentrate on writing songs if he is on smack? A band of profesional drug addicts was something he said they couldn't be as it wasn't fair on the fans.

Poor Ginger. I thought he was stronger than the rest of them. Indestructible even. But this lastest slip into junkie heaven makes him no different from that twat Doherty. I hate junkies, smack and all that goes with it. i love Ginger's music, personality and everything he does. I couldn't go and see him play at the moment, knowing he was addicted to that evil brown stuff.

I don't like that new song that much, it's lacking something. Focus, maybe?

And he got what he deserved when his wife walked out on him. Junkies deserve bad luck. Well, it's not really luck, isn't it - Making the decision to stick a skag - filled needle into your arm.

Sad, sad, sad. A true lyrical genius and all round good fella slipping into this. I hope he can find it within himself to come clean and maybe, just maybe get back to his highest of standards.

I'd have to agree partially, it seems a bit hypocritical after Danny's treatment, but I'd still argue that Ginger's, ahem, "way" is essentially what made them brilliant. As he says, he's been treated his entire life for depression and was almost sectioned. I'd hate to say that all "tortured artists" are geniuses, but you have to admit that part of the brilliance of the Wildhearts was down to Ginger being at least a bit mad - the WH were at their worst when Ginger was happy, and it's unfortunate that that's the case. The irony is that it's the "madness" that made them perennial under-achievers.

I'd have to agree partially' date=' it seems a bit hypocritical after Danny's treatment, but I'd still argue that Ginger's, ahem, "way" is essentially what made them brilliant. As he says, he's been treated his entire life for depression and was almost sectioned. I'd hate to say that all "tortured artists" are geniuses, but you have to admit that part of the brilliance of the Wildhearts was down to Ginger being at least a bit mad - the WH were at their worst when Ginger was happy, and it's unfortunate that that's the case. The irony is that it's the "madness" that made them perennial under-achievers.[/quote']

The best musicians are tortured artists

• 3 weeks later...