aberdeen-music

Teenage Fanclub

Rob

Exodus afterwards did indeed happen as you well know lad, where Dave sweetened the evening with the worst song on Bandwagonesque (What You Do To Me) and the mighty Sparky's Dream.

This gig was fantastic I thought; I certainly was not disappointed. The sound was fantastic, and the Fannies were well up for it. Those of you who haven't heard them but desire to hear brilliant melodies with a scuzzy indie rock appeal should look no further. I almost cried during "The Concept" it was that good. Norman Blake and Gerry Love are unsurpassed songwriters certainly in this country anyway.

As usual annoyed by the ned crowd idiots at the front, although this time they looked like bovver boys. In fact one guy looked as if he should be in Gallon Drunk. The irony is that's what he probably did the whole evening...:D

was going to see this but their last 2 albums have been very dull indeed IMHO - was there enough old stuff played last night?

Plenty - practically all of "Songs From Northern Britain" - seemed like they were promoting it for some reason :help:

But yeah, loads of classics and the new material is very strong. I'm definitely going to buy the album on the strength of that performance.