aberdeen-music

Still Remains - Of Love and Lunacy

unbroken

Anyone heard this record yet..?

It is nae bad...

Sounds kinda Killswitch-esque....

Not bad...Keyboards in their for good measure too....

Its good stuff....

The fact that it has MORE breakdowns is a little annoying, would have been an AMAZING melodic metal album if it didn't have breakdowns....

For fans of

Killswitch Engage, It Dies Today, Underoath, Unearth, Age Of Ruin etc...

Guest Nikola Tesla

Trivium are the most overatted band in a long time... All this kind of music has been done far better before them. But then so Still Remains.

Guest Lisa

yeah you all need the wheel reinvented nowadays huh? which is why bollocks like the locust and random "electro" or stupid synth noises are deemed so good!

Not at all - it's always hard to be original and there's loads of bands out there that I really enjoy that aren't particularly ground-breaking.

Still Remains just aren't really doing it for me at the moment though I must admit. It might be a grower though you never know.

yeah you all need the wheel reinvented nowadays huh? which is why bollocks like the locust and random "electro" or stupid synth noises are deemed so good!

and how is that a bad thing? there is very little point in listening to bands like Darkest hour when you have at the gates, or still remains if you have in flames. i want to listen to somthing diffrent in each band not just the same downtuned palm muted 2nd rate thrash riff for 50 minutes

and how is that a bad thing? there is very little point in listening to bands like Darkest hour when you have at the gates' date=' or still remains if you have in flames. i want to listen to somthing diffrent in each band not just the same downtuned palm muted 2nd rate thrash riff for 50 minutes[/quote']

Well said. If I hadn't already given you so many negative scene points, I'd give you a plus one for that, but it won't let me. So you'll just have to remember.

However, as In Flames have somewhat slumped in terms of record quality, new melodic death is very much welcome.....

...there is very little point in listening to bands like Darkest hour when you have at the gates' date=' or still remains if you have in flames...[/quote']

Haha good'ein.

Darkest Hour have some fucking amazing songs! They got some weaker ones too but the same could be said of ATG. As for In Flames - 'Soundtrack...' was diabolical! Boo!

Haha good'ein.

Darkest Hour have some fucking amazing songs! They got some weaker ones too but the same could be said of ATG. As for In Flames - 'Soundtrack...' was diabolical! Boo!

There is nothing wrong with darkest hour I suppose. the point I was making is that its all been done before (them being the metalcore band who seemed the most blueprints of modern thrash so to speak I could think of) I still think at the gates were one of the best modern thrash bands ever. As for in flames...wilst Ill agree that "soundtrack..." is not their strongest album, I still think its MILES above the metalcore bands and other bands who have a similar sound to in flames like soilwork or mnemic