aberdeen-music

Go North

Darth Elvis

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't pay a blind bit of attention when they are here! But I'm playing T in the Park so what do I care... :jester::jester::jester::partyboy::ding: Half hour set in a big empty tent... unless its pissin it down!

Nevertheless there's no point having an industry showcase without the industry being present, even if it is only in body.

Congrats on getting P in the Dark but:

Would you not be slightly miffed if a band who didn't submit a demo or go through the rest of the selection process got a slot and you didn't?

Nevertheless there's no point having an industry showcase without the industry being present' date=' even if it is only in body.

Congrats on getting P in the Dark but:

Would you not be slightly miffed if a band who didn't submit a demo or go through the rest of the selection process got a slot and you didn't?[/quote']

I'd be fuckin furious! Or I might have been twenty years ago. I was on that bus thats been driving round the block for many years. I have bit more perspective these days. I still love the whole thing though... Especialy the hitting the drums bit which is the whole point... For me anyway! (I wear several hats these days)

I'd be fuckin furious! Or I might have been twenty years ago. I was on that bus thats been driving round the block for many years. I have bit more perspective these days. I still love the whole thing though... Especialy the hitting the drums bit which is the whole point... For me anyway! (I wear several hats these days)

So you can still understand where the whinging's coming from, even though you've reached the point where just hitting the drums for tunes you like is enough.

Devils advocate is not an easy job. :D

Maybe a home grown organised event is something to think a bout' date=' you know, one where promoters and bands all get on for the greater good. Is that unattainable or something to consider?[/quote']

It's not impossible, I'd personally love to see an event where every promoter stuck to what they knew and were known for and picked bands to their own criteria (so there can't be any accusations about an unfair selection process when it's down to the individual promoters, not a mysterious committee that doesn't seem to exist)..It would certainly be a great way of advertising the city as a whole, proving that there really is something for everyone here, regardless of your personal viewpoint.