aberdeen-music

System of a Down - Mezmerize

Anyone else got hte new system album yet? I think it's quite good' date=' not sure about a couple of the tracks. It's a bit short but then we still have hypnotize to come.[/quote']

Yeah got it yesterday and quite like it, i also noticed it seemed a bit short, dont know if it is thou.

Cant wait to see them at Download and the Secc ( but obviously i'll have to ;( )

It's 36 minutes long so i would consider it a little short, but quality over quantity i say.

If they added another song or two it might affect the balance of the album and considering theres another SOAD album in 6months or so, it'll balance itself out then i'd imagine :up:

I like it a lot, but I know I few big System fans who are disappointed. I suppose some of the lyrics are a bit throwaway: "my cock is much bigger than yours"

but the riffs are garguntuan! It seems to be very much Daron's album, with loads of him singing and his jet - propelled riffage. Maybe Hypnotise will be Serj's? It does seem to be really short, but listened back to back with the next one it should seem okay!

Hopefully others enjoy it as much as I am!

Interesting.

The disc won't work in my computer for some reason.

I'm pissed off now. Means I can't put it on my MP3 player. This happened with anyone else?

If they've put protection on it they should have said on the packaging. Which they didn't. I've even checked the smallprint.

Ghey ghey ghey ghey GHEY.

Interesting.

The disc won't work in my computer for some reason.

I'm pissed off now. Means I can't put it on my MP3 player. This happened with anyone else?

If they've put protection on it they should have said on the packaging. Which they didn't. I've even checked the smallprint.

Ghey ghey ghey ghey GHEY.

Well it's on my computer no problem.

I used Musicmatch 7.5 to convert to mp3. :up:

I'm majorly dissapointed with it so far. I'v been into system since the start, and for me this album just isn't cutting it. I'm so annoyed, because I want to like it, but apart from BYOB and a couple of other tracks it's mostly b-side quality. As Marsh said earlier, there is far too much throw away lyrics, and at times they are just something you would expect from a first album.

I loved the first and second albums, but found steal this album very patchy, but still a worthy buy for fans. I'm hoping that the new one will be a grower, and the second part to be better.

Also I managed to burn the cd onto itunes no bother.

Guest haigyman

at first i loved it

then i didn't

but after a week or so of listening i think it's growing on me again, as long as i accept it for what it is, and not moan about it not being heavy enough. i quite like the fact almost every song on it could be released as a single.

Well it's on my computer no problem.

I used Musicmatch 7.5 to convert to mp3. :up:

Weird' date=' I don't get it... it's not like, a ripping problem, it's not even accepting the disc itself!

Hmmph. It's not like I'm planning to copy it over and over, I just wanna put it on my MP3 player to enable me to listen to it on the move...

Pfft.

So far I'm liking it... but... for me it'll always be Toxicity that I can't fault.[/color']