aberdeen-music

Irvine Welsh

CamilleY

Shitting hell no!

Fuck I wished I'd heard that.

I've just finsihed Glue, the shit. I have dreams about Terry Lawson sometimes.

Bought Filth the other day which I have yet to begin. I am at the moment reading Bill Bryson - A Walk In The Woods.

To be fair, Welsh said that the extract was incidental to the plot. Indeed, I reckon he put it in to have something to churn out at pointless readings like this. To start off with, I was thinking I was above this kind of humour, but my resistance faded and I ended being bent double with laughter: "I've no lubrication for this, you're going to have to spit on it"

No' date=' don't! Tell![/quote']

OK.. anyway her cunts mushed up, y'know, there's no 'hole' exactly. So he does her up the bottom instead.

Anyway, he keeps her as like a fuck buddy for a couple of months. Then all of a sudden, she's murdered.

So he goes to the funeral...

Guest DustyDeviada

I went along, "enjoyed" the excerpt from the new book. Couldn't believe that people would walk out of an Irvine Welsh reading - surely you would know what to expect?

Got my copy of Trainspotting signed ;). Felt a bit embarassed handing over my tatty old book when everyone else had bought brand new ones, but hey, mine had more "mojo".

I went along' date=' "enjoyed" the excerpt from the new book. Couldn't believe that people would walk out of an Irvine Welsh reading - surely you would know what to expect?

Got my copy of Trainspotting signed ;). Felt a bit embarassed handing over my tatty old book when everyone else had bought brand new ones, but hey, mine had more "mojo".[/quote']

You should have felt embarrased for being a fanboy, or for not having one of his more obscure releases (i don't either)

No-one walked out because the doors were closed! I was thinking of doing a runner to catch my bus, but my exit was blocked

Guest DustyDeviada
You should have felt embarrased for being a fanboy' date=' or for not having one of his more obscure releases (i don't either)

[/quote']

Fairly certain I've got just about everything he's ever written, unless you're counting compendium books with one short story by him or something.

Yeah it's not "cool" to get a book signed, but I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to have my favourite ever book signed by my favourite ever author.

Overheard a conversation he was having with some guy while walking up to the back to do the signings, he reckons that Hearts will lie down to the Dons on saturday just to piss Hibs off.

Here's hoping... ;)

• 1 year later...
Guest DustyDeviada
Yeah' date=' I read that.

Just before he admits to being a thatcher fan.

And his wife is 25.[/quote']

Yes, bastard on both counts. Although he didn't really admit to being a Thatcher fan, just that he ended up doing well out of Thatcherism.