aberdeen-music

Concepts

Len Atom

Originally posted by Joe Atom:

Okay, we've a take a few decisions regarding the album. It's going to be a 2-disc opus of 150 30-second songs linked in concept by the popular cartoon 'Clifford the big red dog'. Rass and Erskine will be writing all the songs and our new stage outfits are going to consist of pyjamas and eye-patches, and when we are nearly finished our set an enormous robotic clifford is going to storm the stage and we're going to kill and eat him. All true!

genius!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, prog metal fans, here is some music that I'm pretty sure none of you will honestly be familiar with:

The band? Bal Sagoth... you may have seen their warhammer-esque artwork.

Anyway, I bought one of their albums 6 years ago - "Battle Magic" and I actually love it. Vocally it is a cross between black metal and king arthur. Musically it sounds like a sound track for the cavelry to charge to. They also have ridiculous song titles... Anway, if you want to check them out, my favourite song by them is (deep breath)...

"The Dark Leige Of Chaos Is Unleashed At The Encorcelled Shrine Of A' Zura Kai (The Splendour Of A Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath The Blazon of The Hypoborean Empire Part II)

In places it is good solid metal, in other places it sounds like music that you hear at the river rapids in Alton Towers.... but wait! "That sounds like utter SHITE!" I hear you say.... well trust me it's ace!

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

Ok, prog metal fans, here is some music that I'm pretty sure none of you will honestly be familiar with:

The band? Bal Sagoth... you may have seen their warhammer-esque artwork.

Anyway, I bought one of their albums 6 years ago - "Battle Magic" and I actually love it. Vocally it is a cross between black metal and king arthur. Musically it sounds like a sound track for the cavelry to charge to. They also have ridiculous song titles... Anway, if you want to check them out, my favourite song by them is (deep breath)...

"The Dark Leige Of Chaos Is Unleashed At The Encorcelled Shrine Of A' Zura Kai (The Splendour Of A Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath The Blazon of The Hypoborean Empire Part II)

In places it is good solid metal, in other places it sounds like music that you hear at the river rapids in Alton Towers.... but wait! "That sounds like utter SHITE!" I hear you say.... well trust me it's ace!

Beleive it or not but I have actually heard of them too! Their stuff is pretty good, but it's a bitch to get hold of - i've heard only what I could download .

I've heard 'A Tale from the Deep Woods' from Battle Magic and that kicked some ass!

• 3 weeks later...