aberdeen-music

Anthrax@The Barra's

Mordred

Well anybody else go to this?

I personally thought it was amazing to catch the ATL line up at the Barra's, the set list was perfect with maybe only Keep It In The Family the only song missing.

I cant wait to catch them again at Download :rockon:

Im not sure about the support band Man of the Hour thou, i thought they were a little bit too cheesey for me and the whipping out of the sword during the final number was the last nail in the coffin :down:

What did anybody else at the gig think?

Guest Lisa

I personally thought it was amazing to catch the ATL line up at the Barra's' date=' the set list was perfect with maybe only Keep It In The Family the only song missing.

Im not sure about the support band Man of the Hour thou, i thought they were a little bit too cheesey for me and the whipping out of the sword during the final number was the last nail in the coffin :down:

What did anybody else at the gig think?[/quote']

So wish i'd gone although to be honest...i feel that the white noise line up (the classic line up with bush instead of belladonna was the coolest!)

I think Dan Spitz is a vastly underrated lead player!

Guest Lisa
I was going to go' date=' right up until they reformed that lineup.

As soon as Belladonna and Spitz get kicked back to the curb, I'll go see them.[/quote']

Whats wrong with spitz?

I mean belladonna aint half as good as bush but spitz is better than any of the players theve had in his place?

And did anyone notice that bello just went!? As in there was no press...all of a suden he was gone and was in Helmet.

Whats wrong with spitz?

I mean belladonna aint half as good as bush but spitz is better than any of the players theve had in his place?

And did anyone notice that bello just went!? As in there was no press...all of a suden he was gone and was in Helmet.

I don't like Spitz as much as Rob Caggiano, there's not much in it though.

I just find it hilarious that Spitz left the band after becoming a born-again Christian, and has spent the last 10ish years bitching about the band while becoming a Swiss clockmaker (I swear to god, you couldn't make this stuff up... :moody: ), and now all of a sudden he's back like nothing happened.

Also, he's just about the goofiest looking man alive.

Guest Lisa
I don't like Spitz as much as Rob Caggiano' date=' there's not much in it though.

I just find it hilarious that Spitz left the band after becoming a born-again Christian, and has spent the last 10ish years bitching about the band while becoming a Swiss clockmaker (I swear to god, you couldn't make this stuff up... :moody: ), and now all of a sudden he's back like nothing happened.

Also, he's just about the goofiest looking man alive.[/quote']

That why he left? I thought he was fired!?

Where have you seen him bitching?

I personally thought it was amazing to catch the ATL line up at the Barra's' date=' the set list was perfect with maybe only Keep It In The Family the only song missing.

What did anybody else at the gig think?[/quote']

Man of the Hour got the support slot for Anthrax?!!? Those lucky bastards...

Spitz got fired due to loseing intrest in the band and genrally not turning up to practices.

I cant understand the amount of hate people have for the current reformed line-up, Anthrax wouldn't be touring if it wasn't the reformed line up as John Bush is having down time with his new born baby.

Just cos the remaining members are filling there time touring the world isn't a reason to get upset, i think its a great thing there doing.

Testament are doing the same thing, Exodus did it a few years ago, Judas Priest are doing it right now why all the resentment for Anthrax?

Would people feel the same way if Dave Mustaine reunited with the Rust In Peace line up i think not.

People bitch all the time but in the end its only words, who would have thought you'd ever see Black Sabbath reform or Dave Lombardo rejoin Slayer or even Bruce back in Maiden.

There was alot of bitching in all those cases but they got over it and im very happy they did :D

Guest Lisa
john bush is by far the most boring singer ever. i look forward to seeing the original line-up at download

WHATTTT!!!!????!!!!

Bush is an amazing vocalist. Probably my fave metal voice!

And the armored saint album "Symbol of Salvation" is amazing as well...

Johns voice suited Armoured Saint but imho his voice sucks for Anthrax.Well probably only for the reason that i was brought up with Joey Era Anthrax.

I too was brought up the Joey era and that is why i have such a great love for them.

I like John Bush but dont think his voice suits the Joey era stuff on listening to The Greater of Two Evils album.

I certainly hope Anthrax continue with John Bush as they have a very creditable career with him on vocals to go with Joey now would seem like a cash in, i think its the fear of that back step that is getting peoples goats.

Guest Lisa

The whole reunion, for a bit, isnt getting my goat at all.

Its a cool idea for the downtime that "real" anthrax are on. Besides, think of the money they were probably offered for the classic line up to reform. That line up did quite a few albums huh?

To be honest, Scott ian said they always thought John Bush's voice would suit em best because it was more like a hard hitting, hardcore voice. I think it does suit Antrax better. Im not taking anything away from the joey stuff but come on...look at the albums thayve recorded with John.

After reading that stuff, Dan spitz is a prick.

I've been advised to go and see the reformed Anthrax if I can... and I'd like to!

I've got "Collection" (the 'best of') by Anthrax and even though I don't know what his name is, I like the singer on the "Fistful of Metal" album (especially "Metal Thrashing Mad") - good voice!

As for reformations, a lot of the bands I like reform and tour, and it's not necessarily selling out or anything like that - at least I can say I've seen 7 Seconds live, when I would never have been able to, seeing as they're an American 80s band and I wasn't in America in the 80s... :p