aberdeen-music

Football this Saturday...?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem id like to kno why i stay right across fom seaton park and didnt even kno there was a football rally held there :p

I cant make it this sat as im on the nightshifts but i will be keeping a keen eye out for yas and if ok ill pop along the next saturday im off

ELGIN rooools i used to live there....

and jamming is for poofs i read someone say..... well so is seaton park m8 you ever heard of the carryier bag over yer feet malarky ;):rockon:

Does it really matter? It was a tongue in cheek phrase, and I'm going to enjoy myself from what I've heard of the bands. You said you didn't want to come, so have fun in RGU with the massive tunes pumping from that oh so premier league sound system.

Does it really matter? It was a tongue in cheek phrase' date=' and I'm going to enjoy myself from what I've heard of the bands. You said you didn't want to come, so have fun in RGU with the massive tunes pumping from that oh so premier league sound system.[/quote']

I'm just worried about your sudden liking for any tuneless yet supposedly credible band which people use terms such as "sonic noise terrorists" to describe. You don't exactly need any more encouragment to fuck around with your delay pedal. I just don't know where this sudden interest could possibly have come from?!

A) Far from tuneless

B) Not tuneless in the slightest. Just because they don't fit into a certain definition of a three minute pop song doesn't mean you should be discriminating. Oh sorry, what's that I hear? Mars Volta anyone?

C) It is not sudden. If you want to be vague about it, I have always had a liking for "post-rock" bands, be it obvious ones like Sonic Youth/Mogwai/Godspeed etc etc. It is simply the case that I am into that at this moment in time. It's a phase, but I have like before and will so again more strongly in the future. I want to see in my opinion decent purveyors of this particular genre in a home environment too; now I can, and from what I have heard I will enjoy myself.

A) Far from tuneless

B) Not tuneless in the slightest. Just because they don't fit into a certain definition of a three minute pop song doesn't mean you should be discriminating. Oh sorry' date=' what's that I hear? Mars Volta anyone?

C) It is not sudden. If you want to be vague about it, I have always had a liking for "post-rock" bands, be it obvious ones like Sonic Youth/Mogwai/Godspeed etc etc. It is simply the case that I am into that at this moment in time. It's a phase, but I have like before and will so again more strongly in the future. I want to see in my opinion decent purveyors of this particular genre in a home environment too; now I can, and from what I have heard I will enjoy myself.[/quote']

The Mars Volta! Didn't see that coming. And i can't disagree more. You listen almost any Mars Volta song and there are boundless wonderful melodies to be found, they just have a lot more besides melody. And if you need evidence listen to Televators or Sarcophagi to name but 2. It is sudden that you should take any interest in new music at all never mind such little knowns as are playing the Tunnels on Saturday. And don't do GY!BE a disservice by mentioning them alongside Sonic Youth again.

Well I don't think it's your business what I get up to to be honest. Maybe I am making a conscious decision to get off my arse and go to interesting gigs these days which is in no way a criticism. You have no idea about music at all it seems if you assume bands like Sonic Youth and for this specific example Picastro have no melody; granted I have only heard one Picastro song but it is really nice and thus I am going to the gig.

Well I don't think it's your business what I get up to to be honest. Maybe I am making a conscious decision to get off my arse and go to interesting gigs these days which is in no way a criticism. You have no idea about music at all it seems if you assume bands like Sonic Youth and for this specific example Picastro have no melody; granted I have only heard one Picastro song but it is really nice and thus I am going to the gig.

I've heard enough of both to know i they're shit. The reason behind your concious decision to get off your arse and go to gigs isn't all to do with the music i think.

Guest stuartmaxwell

no offence jimmy but its close minded fuckers like you who are the problem

get out there try new things. there is a whole host of interesting shows going on in abdn, that i know you guys would love.

you would much rather listen to some git in a stuffy students union playing fashionable music over people talking about rugby or how pissed they were last night.

come to the picastro/bikini atol show, give it a chance. i KNOW you will be impressed

copy ha ho open the show at 8.20pm

see you there

aye footy at 4pm

no offence jimmy but its close minded fuckers like you who are the problem

get out there try new things. there is a whole host of interesting shows going on in abdn' date=' that i know you guys would love.

you would much rather listen to some git in a stuffy students union playing fashionable music over people talking about rugby or how pissed they were last night.

come to the picastro/bikini atol show, give it a chance. i KNOW you will be impressed

copy ha ho open the show at 8.20pm

see you there

aye footy at 4pm[/quote']

You know absolutely fucking nothing about me Maxi. I really can't afford to pay an entrance fee to see bands i'm not remotely interested in and in addittion to that there is the fact that the drink is too expensive. I've heard Picastro and think they are shit and I don't think an awful lot of Copy Haho. And the fact that i've heard Bikini Atol mentioned in the breath as Sonic Youth is enough to put me off.

Guest stuartmaxwell
You know absolutely fucking nothing about me Maxi. I really can't afford to pay an entrance fee to see bands i'm not remotely interested in and in addittion to that there is the fact that the drink is too expensive. I've heard Picastro and think they are shit and I don't think an awful lot of Copy Haho. And the fact that i've heard Bikini Atol mentioned in the breath as Sonic Youth is enough to put me off.

drink too expensive? i take it you dont go to many gigs then? surely its about the music rather than the price of drink? (this is a general statement-not about BA +

Picastro as such).

bikin atol are not sonic youth, i dont think too much of sonic youth either

why are you having a go at malc for going to this show? Doesnt seem very fair

will you disown him from your indieclub if he pays (his own) money to see an interesting show that *shock* hasnt been covered in the NME or playlisted on MTV/radio

do lighten up matey ;)

drink too expensive? i take it you dont go to many gigs then? surely its about the music rather than the price of drink? (this is a general statement-not about BA +

Picastro as such).

bikin atol are not sonic youth' date=' i dont think too much of sonic youth either

why are you having a go at malc for going to this show? Doesnt seem very fair

will you disown him from your indieclub if he pays (his own) money to see an interesting show that *shock* hasnt been covered in the NME or playlisted on MTV/radio

do lighten up matey ;)[/quote']

I don't see how you could possibly have any grounds for saying that i'm one of those people who only listens to what NME tells me or whats on MTV. What's pathetic is that you would have a go at someone cos they like a band which receives attention from NME or MTV because your so damned "alternative". I'm having a go at Malcolm cos he's going for for the company not the music. And as i made clear given the choice between cheap drink or expensive drink AND bands i'm not remotely interested in i know what i would choose. Anyway i only told malcolm off for use of the term "sonic exposure" in jest until he flew off the handle. And I am starting to feel guilty for making this thread go so off-topic.