aberdeen-music

**punk/hardcore fans....VIOLENT MINDS (us) RESTLESS YOUTH (nl) this sat....**

come down ypu bastard. filthopact are playing' date=' wont be hard to find a place to crash. get yer arese doon![/quote']

Yes sir, OK sir, right away sir.

Yep, still want to go to this and now that it has added Filth I want to go even more!!! I will be there unless of any random decapitations before Saturday.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
This is to be Filthpacts second last ever gig in Aberdeen' date=' With Ben flying home on Sept 24th after our European tour with Atomgevitter the next and final Aberdeen date after this will be Sat Sept 3rd at The Moorings Bar.[/quote']

Ach, so the rumours were true (for once). Well, your final gig is 3 days before my 30th so a good way to get the festivities going! Might be a silly question, but why not get another guitarist?

Penultimate Filthpact gig in Aberdeen?! FECK! I really have to go to this now!

I'm gonna come to this if it kills me, along with my friend Brett, who has a Filthpact patch safety-pinned onto his hat! I shit you not! Free packet of crisps for anyone who steals it off him. Maybe. Honestly, he walks about the place with a Filthpact hat! I thought I'd warn you now.

But we'll be making the trek through from near Elgin, and we can stay at Brett's dad's, who lives in Stoneywood or Dyce or something, so unless we find somewhere else to stay, we have to walk 4 miles, bruised (from the pit!), tired and most likely very wasted, to get to where we're staying. Could anyone give us a lift there at all? Haha.

Well, that or sleeping in the train station, which I'll settle for as long as it means I can go to this gig!

Bry.

Ach' date=' so the rumours were true (for once). Well, your final gig is 3 days before my 30th so a good way to get the festivities going! Might be a silly question, but why not get another guitarist?[/quote']

The chemistry would be all wrong, we're a close bunch of friends as well as a band and to have 20% of that missing just wouldn't be the same, hardcore bands that are around for too long just stagnate anyway and i'd never wish for that, 'live fast, die young'.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
The chemistry would be all wrong' date=' we're a close bunch of friends as well as a band and to have 20% of that missing just wouldn't be the same, hardcore bands that are around for too long just stagnate anyway and i'd never wish for that, 'live fast, die young'.[/quote']

Yeah, that's fair comment, but bands stagnating need not be inevitable, there's a good many who have stood the test of time well, Unholy Grave for example. I'm sure some other projects will rise from the ashes, good luck in advance if they do.

there's bound to be another travelling aussie out there who'll just happen to turn up in aberdeen and want to be in a punk/crust/ band...! cause thats been 2 so far...remember Pete Fastard...?? pete had actually told ben to get in touch with jeeves if he came to aberdeen....so now ben has to pass it on....!

anyway...GIG'S TONIGHT!!! its ben's last day at work today...and the last filthpact gig for a while (2nd last ever in aberdeen) and the first and probably only time you'll see VIOLENT MINDS & RESTLESS YOUTH....!!

Guest Scorge Spike

Another really good set from Filthpact.

Didn't think too much of the touring bands, but fair play on them for having the balls to be jaunting so obscenely far from their bases, an admirable example......

Really quite liked the venue too. (Except for the toilet 8o.)

Another really good set from Filthpact.

Didn't think too much of the touring bands' date=' but fair play on them for having the balls to be jaunting so obscenely far from their bases, an admirable example......

Really quite liked the venue too. (Except for the toilet 8o.)[/quote']you're in a noise band. surely you should love dirty minigng toilets. make you feel like a squatter in the belgian countryside.

Guest stuartmaxwell

that was a fucking excellent show. filthpact played a brilliant set. i can only reiterate what the last person said about crimes etc. fuck aye!

restless youth were pretty damn good also, although i dont think they liked the human pyramiyd

violent minds were fucking awesome, ace frontman too

pics to follow

one left his desalvo cd in the (capable?) hands of adam. i hope he still has it :down:

one left his desalvo cd in the (capable?) hands of adam. i hope he still has it :down:

It's being held to ransom as we speak...

I'll give it to Dave. It might sneak into the Exodus playlist. ;)

EDIT:I do have it - the tracklisting's endearingly written out in biro on a ripped-up bit of envelope. Hats off to Teabags!

This was a great gig. Maybe it's cuz I barely get to go to hardcore gigs, but I was impressed by all 3 bands. Filthpact were amazing, and out of the touring bands I preferred Violent Minds. Restless Youth should've played for longer, damnit!

The pit was good but I fell over and minced my elbow, which was shite. I didn't quite have the balls to be a part of the human pyramids, but they looked great. I see what you mean about VM being like that Hull band The Defected, Kirk. Reminded me of MDC :-) more though, which is good! Brett was also amused by asking me if Multiple Injuries were not from Hull, but in fact Hell every five seconds, which pissed me off. I spoke to loads of people who knew who I am, which was surprising but good. I'll get a review written and put up somewhere... and want to see the pics too!

Yup

Been a long time since I have been in that place and it brought back a whole mess of memories... Used to be a cracking venue in its day and could be again. Liked the two room feel, something we only ever dreamt about at Drake's. The problem is that it doesn't have a in-house gigging PA therefore one has to be dragged in and hired which adds to hassle and costs and reduces the likely hood more gigs there any time soon. Never say never though! Big thanks to Alun Elizium and Co for lugging stuff around and brininging Elizium back to town (even though I didn't make it) :love::cheers: