aberdeen-music

Supersize me!

annie

I fucking hate anyone who says "Ill never eat McDonalds ever again after seeing that film". It's such a stupid concept' date=' who can honestly say they know anyone that has eaten 3 McDonalds in a day? As if any food 3 times a day will be good for you? Its just total bullshit propaganda aimed at damaging the reputation of the a company that revolutionised how we eat.[/quote']

Revolutionised for the worse though, that's the point. He used the most extreme method he could to shock people into thinking about it. Most people didn't know just how unhealthy McD's is. There are plenty of things you could eat exclusively and not put on 24 lbs every month. In fact the guy Jared in the film ate exclusively Subway sandwiches and lost 245 lbs in a year.

On another note' date=' I was disgusted when I looked at the nutritional values on the back of the paper on the tray. +1,500 for a McChicken sandwich and well over 2,000 for a quarter pounder. Thats over the daily intake in 1 burger, gads. Even though, nothing stops me from enjoying my McWhatever when I do go.[/quote']

Erm, you maybe confused there...a Quarterpounder is about 530 calories. Maybe you were looking at Kilojoules?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty of things you could eat exclusively and not put on 24 lbs every month. In fact the guy Jared in the film ate exclusively Subway sandwiches and lost 245 lbs in a year.

"Jared ate a 6" turkey sub and a bag of baked chips for lunch and a 12" veggie sub for dinner' date=' with extra veggies and [b']no cheese, oil or mayo. This totals about 1000 calories per day."

By missing breakfast and modifying the sandwiches Jared managed to get thousands eating subways. it's not exactly as amazing as it was sold to be, just another con to advertise a company.

Erm, you maybe confused there...a Quarterpounder is about 530 calories. Maybe you were looking at Kilojoules?

My ma thinks that was the calories for a meal, Here's the nutrition values from the site. but the numbers are different from the ones in town, i'll check again tomorrow when i get my weekly fix. *heavy user*

"Jared ate a 6" turkey sub and a bag of baked chips for lunch and a 12" veggie sub for dinner' date=' with extra veggies and [b']no cheese, oil or mayo. This totals about 1000 calories per day."

By missing breakfast and modifying the sandwiches Jared managed to get thousands eating subways. it's not exactly as amazing as it was sold to be, just another con to advertise a company.

It's just another extreme example being used to illustrate a point. And the point is that eating too many McDonald's is bad for you, and Subways are not so bad. A lot of people need such extreme illustrations before they understand that, for example the people who sued McDonalds because they got fat. They are the reason Spurlock made the film. If you showed them that nutritional information they wouldn't know what to make of it. But show them graphically what happens if you eat McDonalds too often and they will get it.

Do you walk to and from work?

Do you regularly exercise after or before work? On your days off?

Its largely to do with exercise too...not just healthy eating. Some people are just naturally larger than other genetically. You should aim to keep your calorie intake below 1500 and' date=' coupled with regular exercise, the weight will just fall off.

[b'](Not Birdman)

Heres how my days have been this year...

get up, warm water and squeeze of lemon

40 sit ups

20 press ups

brisk 30 minute walk to work, eating 2 apples on the way

cucumber around 11:00am

nettle tea 30 mins later

jog home for lunch, about 20 minutes

tofu salad for lunch

job back to work, about 20 minutes

some more fruit around 4pm

nettle tea 30 mins later

brisk 30 minute walk home

a healthy meal (out the "you are what you eat" cookbook

something else to snack on later in evening, another cup of tea

if its a band night, throw a few beers in there..I never drink at home though.

does fuck all....