aberdeen-music

Supersize me!

annie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought it was a great film. what angered me most was the way that the school dinners were being served as cheaply as possible with no regards for the children. Its proof that healthy eating causes better behaved children so why dont more schools do something about it?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i thought it was a great film. what angered me most was the way that the school dinners were being served as cheaply as possible with no regards for the children. Its proof that healthy eating causes better behaved children so why dont more schools do something about it?

Not enough precious profits to be made there. Fuck children's welfare, there's not enough money to be made from maintaining good health.

the really stupid thing is that at the RGU:Grays campus, the price of chips is 80p and the price of a small salad tub thing is 1.20- might not seem like much but if you ate there everyday, you'd most likely go for the chips! as for fast food- working in burger king, you get turned off the stuff when you see the hygiene of the place alone!!

BUgger I missed it. Want to see it because I couldn't quite grasp the point from the publicity...I think eating non-stop anything for a month is pretty bad for you isn't it?

I'm not too worried for myself as I work ouot every day and don't eat junk food at all. I put on more weight in the last four years than ever before in my life (purely through drinking, giving up cigarettes and lack of exercise) and as a result completely changed my lifestyle to accomodate the fact I like beer but don't want to be a fat bastard. No cheese, rarely eat pizza and rarely eat between meals or late at night, and a gym session every day.

I do despair for kids though, parents need a kick up the arse in my opinion. They can't seem to comprehend that while kids aren't necessarily ill or fat in the short term on their diets these days, they are gonna be terribly debilitated adults.

I have to say stuff like this and Jamie's School Dinners shocked and sickened me a little.

Like on Jamie's dinners there were kids who were trying to tell him that a Leek was a Potato, and kids who wouldn't even try proper chicken because they were used to Bernard Matthews crap...

It seriously doesn't surprise me that this generation of children is said to be the only one expected to be outlived by their parents.

I know that I don't have the most healthy of diets, but I tend to do alot of walking and I do try to eat a balanced diet of good food. I rarely go to Maccy Ds or Burger King, in fact these days I've really gone off the taste.

Can only be a good thing.

I think one of the things that chnaged it for me was realising that while a burger can be a great hunger cure when you're drunk and heading home to an empty fridge, you actually feel pretty crap after eating one, horribly bloated and greasy.

Also fast food has some cheek with all that "100% meat" thing aactually being the name of the company that supplies them...unbelieveable!

Guest MarkJDelaney
i also find america very depressing.

they have a great history in music but apart from that i think their country is run by a bunch of corrupt hoods.

why should we follow then.

all they do is eat fast food ' date=' shoot guns and sue people.[/quote']

Wow, what a horribly arrogant and ignorant view to have. You need to wake up.

the guy who said he'd eaten over 700 bigmacs last year scared me...he was obsessed' date=' not only eating at least two of the things a day but proposing to his wife in mcdonalds(if im not mistaken)..now thats just creepy[/quote']

In the film, they referred to him as a "Big Mac enthusiast". "Boring bastard with an incredibly bland diet" more likely.

The film has put me off them a little bit but I never regularly ate them anyway. Just the odd one when I fancied it and its normally BK anyway. Good film though. I'm glad he did a lot of prior research on it so he could fill it in with interviews from people who matter and did the whole nutrition chart finding thing (which the lack of in many of the McDonalds was fucking awful.) I wanted an interview with Charlton Heston right at the end.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Finally got round to watching the tape last night. Nothing too surprising in terms of the effects on his physical health, but the effect on his mental health was verging on terrifying. Day 9 I think, he felt lethargic and depressed, but when he ate, he suddenly felt great! And as for the effect on his sex drive..........

I'm dreading it when bratling gets to the age of about 5. McDonalds are masters at appealing to children and know the concept of pester power. I can hear "Mum! Dad! I want a McDonalds!" already. We'll do all we can to discourage her from eating that slop.

You don't need to eat McDonalds to get fat, I've been a vegeterain for 10 years (and a vegan for a good 3 years somewhere in there) and I'm the fattest guy in the scene...doesn't help when your job requires you to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours a day...theres no fucking rule about it though....my cousin Ross eats like fucking shit all the time and drinks loads more than I do and is one of the laziest bastards in the world that I know...yet he probably weighs 7 stone...

working in burger king' date=' you get turned off the stuff when you see the hygiene of the place alone!![/quote']

i agree with you there ive been working Mcdonalds for 2 mothns and refuse to eat there now just because of the hygeine of the place :down: and the fact the food tastes shite. i still like a burger king now and again though

You don't need to eat McDonalds to get fat' date=' I've been a vegeterain for 10 years (and a vegan for a good 3 years somewhere in there) and I'm the fattest guy in the scene...doesn't help when your job requires you to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours a day...theres no fucking rule about it though....my cousin Ross eats like fucking shit all the time and drinks loads more than I do and is one of the laziest bastards in the world that I know...yet he probably weighs 7 stone...[/quote']

Do you walk to and from work?

Do you regularly exercise after or before work? On your days off?

Its largely to do with exercise too...not just healthy eating. Some people are just naturally larger than other genetically. You should aim to keep your calorie intake below 1500 and, coupled with regular exercise, the weight will just fall off.

(Not Birdman)

i'm having an unhealthy couple of days to celebrate the fact that obedience school has happened. spent the last 11 months eating healthy and the weight just fell off me, but i've been super calorie conscious for 3 months in the run up to the night (because i'd be walking around in next to nothing most of the night) so now i'm going to have a rest. i don't really enjoy junk food though. i'd much rather eat something freshly prepared with natural ingredients. i'm a veggie junkie to, and i think it's down to what my parents fed me growing up. i didn't even try macdonalds until i was a teenager because my parents wouldn't eat the stuff.

the guy who said he'd eaten over 700 bigmacs last year scared me...he was obsessed' date=' not only eating at least two of the things a day but proposing to his wife in mcdonalds(if im not mistaken)..now thats just creepy[/quote']

I thought he was really weird too...

I would have to say I am the skinniest person in the world, and i can eat anything i like... Though, i don't like McDonalds or places like that at all, i've heard too many horror stories about places like that, so i go for the equally unhealthy curries and chinese takeaways etc...

I quite liked Supersize Me. Interesting, shocking and worrying watch. I was eager to go see it after reading Fast Food Nation. It was pretty much just a little brother to the book. I think I must average a BK/ McD's/ KFC about once a year... And I'm still a fattie. I'm working on it though. :)

I fucking hate anyone who says "Ill never eat McDonalds ever again after seeing that film". It's such a stupid concept, who can honestly say they know anyone that has eaten 3 McDonalds in a day? As if any food 3 times a day will be good for you? Its just total bullshit propaganda aimed at damaging the reputation of the a company that revolutionised how we eat.

On another note, I was disgusted when I looked at the nutritional values on the back of the paper on the tray. +1,500 for a McChicken sandwich and well over 2,000 for a quarter pounder. Thats over the daily intake in 1 burger, gads. Even though, nothing stops me from enjoying my McWhatever when I do go.

People should have better things to do than spend their time counting calories (or carbohydrates as is cool at the moment). You can eat mcdonalds if you want and still be perfectly healthy. People today seem to have extremely warped view on food, everything is good or bad, due to extreme scaremongering marketing by health food groups and poeple wanting to sel lthe latest book. If brass eye was being made today i'm certain there would be an episode on food.