aberdeen-music

Banned music freely available, Nice One.

The great thing about modern technology is the proliferation of things that, for whatever specific reason, were prohibited from commercial release, and not always by the artists that released them. In my case the 2 banned items I wasn't meant to hear/see are

1-'1987: What the Fucks Going On' by the Justified Ancients of MuMu. Banned by ABBA, and if you have ever heard it, you know what I mean. Genius in places, trying in others, the first time I heard it was at a Student party when I was 18, and 'The Queen and I' had stuck in my head somewhere until I got a tape of it 5 years ago, and a CD this year.

2-'Cocksucker Blues' Rolling Stones. As a long-term Stones fiend I really wanted to see this legendary film of the '72 US tour, but the story is that the director is only allowed to show it once a year to an invited audience. Now I have seen it, it is well good, but the sex n drugs shock horror element is tamer than the average episode of Shameless, well almost. The track of the same name is just really, deliberately bad, so if you haven't heard it, you are missing nothing, except a few chuckles.

Anyway what other banned delights have people found resurfacing on the net, are they worth the fuss, were they just shite to begin with? etcl