aberdeen-music

wanted free bass

Guest valley69

Guest valley69

or as free as possible, ive gotten to the stage where i need to use at least three basses during a set cos my tunings are pretty bizzare for a couple songs. anyything considered as long as it works. ta.

Guest valley69

eep nah, i used to have a zoom bass fx thing, i find them a bit shitty to be honest. I prefer using guitar distortion pedals and seperate delay pedals/tuning pedals. I find that any kind of fx unit designed for bass usually sounds shit

or as free as possible' date=' ive gotten to the stage where i need to use at least three basses during a set cos my tunings are pretty bizzare for a couple songs. anyything considered as long as it works. ta.[/quote']

Didn't you sell a bass not too long ago?

Guest DustyDeviada
I've got a couple knocking around in my attic' date=' don't think they have original PAF p/ups though...[/quote']

Think I'll pass then, thanks all the same.

Just get a good quality tuner...like the Korg DTR1000 or 2000 rack tuners. Big display and silent tuning so you can silently/quickly/easily re-tune between songs. Everyone should have a good tuner any way. These aren't the cheapest at 150 and 180 I think but they the shit! You could look at the Boss chromatic tuner pedal...same job, smaller package and much cheaper...probably in the region of 60.

It would probably save you time and hassle as well. Unplugging and switching basses can be a hassle and if your not carefull a noisey experience...

What sort of tunings are you using/why?

Guest valley69

nah, i have a good tuner, and you cant really just fling your fingers around cos the different tension in the strings gives the bass a different overall sound.

capo anyone?!

or if its seperate strings' date=' develop a persistent technique for de/retuning. I can perfectly down tune my E to D in one nice movement whilst playing, then back up in the same song to a perfect E....then again, I am a fucking genius :dunce:[/quote']

i have seen a clip of billy connolly doing somethign similar on a banjo, basicaly playing away on one tuning, and while playing dropping two of the strings (to put it in a different open tuning i think) playing for a bit then taking it back up to origonal tuning, sounded very cool (he played the strings as he retuned them) and pretty impressive

i almost have the e->d and back dialled ;)

David

or as free as possible' date=' ive gotten to the stage where i need to use at least three basses during a set cos my tunings are pretty bizzare for a couple songs. anyything considered as long as it works. ta.[/quote']

Or one thing you could do is stop wanking about with different tunings on bass, it's a fucking bass for christ's sake!!

Guest valley69
Or one thing you could do is stop wanking about with different tunings on bass' date=' it's a fucking bass for christ's sake!![/quote']

leave it out chap.

i have seen a clip of billy connolly doing somethign similar on a banjo' date=' basicaly playing away on one tuning, and while playing dropping two of the strings (to put it in a different open tuning i think) playing for a bit then taking it back up to origonal tuning, sounded very cool (he played the strings as he retuned them) and pretty impressive

i almost have the e->d and back dialled ;)

David[/quote']

For the ultimate in retuning during a song, check out anything by the acoustic guitarist Adrian Legg. Saw him supporting Joe Satriani in 1992, and it was an amazing thing to hear/watch!

BTW, there are tons of cheap basses on ebay. There's one regular seller based in aberdeen too which might save you on postage costs too...