aberdeen-music

style

Stripey

Ok I have seen these threads, like "which aberdeen band talks the most shit" or "which aberdeen band makes you smile". Personally, I think a much more interesting question for those of us interested in beautiful music is "which aberdeen band really stands out as having a unique sound that sets them apart from the crowd". I mean that special something that the likes of Portishead or Massive Attack had. Individuality, finesse, and faith in their own creativity.

Plenty of bands I have seen in Aberdeen make me smile, but for all the wrong reasons.

check out

check out Chris Carroll, amazing one man band style guitar playing. Some beautiful songs.

Also the Kitchen Cynics, stunning and relatable homegrown alternative folk.

These are a couple of my favourites, as they are stripped down and honest. No gimmicks, no effects. They rely solely on their musical craftsmanship and a genuine enthusiasm for what they do as oppossed to wanting people to think they're cool for doing it. The atmosphere you get is very inviting and comfortable and you feel a pert of what's going on. This is totally different from the US, THEM atmosphere that you get at most shows.

Simply the best, DUN, DUN, better than all the rest, DUN, DUN, better than eh-henyone, anyone I've ever met, actually.