aberdeen-music

All you rock'n'rollers who didn't come to see the Legendary Shackshakers...

Rob Karloff

Suck balls. Big hairy camel balls. The support bands bored me to tears, but the Shackshakers were one of thee best bands I've ever seen at the Lemon Tree. Andy Shearer deserves a big backslap and pint for getting them up here, they were fuckin amazing. Their frontman was a living lesson in how to head up a r'n'r band... Amazing! You can listen to their newest CD clips on Amazon here, but seeing them live they were so much more intense. Big double bass drum sound and drumming, great stand-up bass, and their singer with his harmonica and old Shure bullet harmonica mike for ye olde distorted vox was absolute class. He even got his foot stuck in the lighting rig at one point, while dangling from it playing a harmonica solo!! :rockon:

Suck balls. Big hairy camel balls. The support bands bored me to tears' date=' but the Shackshakers were one of thee best bands I've ever seen at the Lemon Tree. Andy Shearer deserves a big backslap and pint for getting them up here, they were fuckin amazing. Their frontman was a living lesson in how to head up a r'n'r band... Amazing! You can listen to their newest CD clips on Amazon here, but seeing them live they were so much more intense. Big double bass drum sound and drumming, great stand-up bass, and their singer with his harmonica and old Shure bullet harmonica mike for ye olde distorted vox was absolute class. He even got his foot stuck in the lighting rig at one point, while dangling from it playing a harmonica solo!! :rockon:

I'm still grinning at the whole spectacle. The best live performance I've ever seen at the Lemon Tree, if not ever. Perfect entertainment and delivery!!!! Top band, top blokes!!! If you missed, you lost!

Saw this thread and nipped out the door to see 'em in Liverpool - Unbe-fuckin'-lievable! Aweseome live act, utterly unhinged frontman, storming tunes AND an upright bass. Fuck me if it weren't ace.

If A-Go-Go, G, or any of KLATB/RL were NOT at the Aberdeen gig, they should kill themselves. Seriously. Losers.

I'm still grinning at the whole spectacle. The best live performance I've ever seen at the Lemon Tree' date=' if not ever. Perfect entertainment and delivery!!!! Top band, top blokes!!! If you missed, you lost![/quote']

An amazing performance by a band I had never heard of before. What a front man - Jello Biafra meets Mark E Smith performing some Doo Rag style noise...

Saw this thread and nipped out the door to see 'em in Liverpool - Unbe-fuckin'-lievable! Aweseome live act' date=' utterly unhinged frontman, storming tunes AND an upright bass. Fuck me if it weren't ace.

If A-Go-Go, G, or any of KLATB/RL were NOT at the Aberdeen gig, they should kill themselves. Seriously. Losers.[/quote']

Uhm, they weren't. As far as I can remember!

Hehe, I have the whole gig on DVD, courtesy of the king of Aberdeen punk, Dod. It's the business, and I'm about to go record the soundtrack to MD for my car!