aberdeen-music

goNORTH 2005 needs Aberdeen bands!!

Guest Startex

Guest Startex

goNORTH 2005 will be at the end of May/start of June. There will be two nights of free showcases on Wednesday 1st and Thursday 2nd June in the usual venues along Belmont Street. Those showcases will, as always, feature the bands who are expected to be of greatest interest to the music industry and world. If you think that your band should be included then please send a demo package to:

goNORTH

Aberdeen Foyer

Marywell Street

Aberdeen AB11 6JF

Your demo package must include a cd with at least three songs, and a breif biography explaining how long you've been on the go, what you've done so far, and why you think the music industry is going to want to check you out. If you have a decent photograph of the band please include that as well. Don't put one in that's taken at a gig unless it's in focus and very well lit. Last but by no means least, put your contact details on every page you include, and on the cd!

This is an un-official announcement and it hasn't gone public anywhere else yet, so you have a lot more warning than any other bands! I don't yet know what the deadline will be so get them in as quickly as you can. I will be fighting to get as many local bands on as possible but need your demos to do so. Remember that it's open to all bands, in all coutries in the northern hemisphere, so there's fairly stiff competition!

We are hoping to get The Musicians Union Workshop Band to Foyer Music for free workshops on Monday 30th May and Glasgow's Soma Records will be holding their Soma School workshops at Snafu on Friday 3rd June. There will be a cover-mounted CD with Music Week again and there's quite a lot of interest already from around the industry. We hope to get the website updated sometime but as soon as I have any news I'll post it up here.

Any questions, you know how to get a hold of me! :band:

Guest valley69

sounds interesting and is a great oppotunity for local bands, cuts ( or whatever we wil be called) will defintetely be up for that one. Cheers Dave.

Guest valley69

well were sposed to be recordin some tracks down at exile so hopefully will have that done in time. But yeh we plan to put a pack in. practisin at foyer on wednesday if ure kicking about.

Guest Startex
well were sposed to be recordin some tracks down at exile so hopefully will have that done in time. But yeh we plan to put a pack in. practisin at foyer on wednesday if ure kicking about.

Even if I'm not, drop the pack off. As long as you put the address on it! :rockon:

Hopefully I'll be around so grab me and let me know it's you ok? :D

Guest stuartmaxwell

so i have no doubts that diablo will be playing AGAIN this year

GONORTH is a jokefest as far as local bands are concerned.

the bands who are actually out there in scotland dont get a look in whereas absolute pish like diablo get booked every year

widen your horizons you bastards

I wouldn't go as far to say it's a jokefest. There's always a few excellent bands who are more than worthy playing, but equally (as with all these things) there's some utter shite that gets picked. It's just the way it goes.

And I believe the main reason why it's been lacking in local bands over the years is because hardly any of the fuckers send a pack into it! Don't expect to get picked just because you play gigs in Aberdeen every week. Get picked because you ask.

the bands who are actually out there in scotland dont get a look in whereas absolute pish like diablo get booked every year

im sure some people enjoy it and they are 'widening their horizons'

Guest Startex

You couldn't be sadder if you took lessons!

You couldn't be sadder if you took lessons!

Listening to that Miserable Voice all the time you'd be the same. :)

I thought there were some decent bands on the lineup last year (although as always the memory is fuzzy) didn't AKA The Fox and Dedalus play last year? Real Shocks?

yer festival is PISH

take it with a pinch of salt

are my downfall going to be headlining goNORTH 2005

if they require an experienced guitar tech ill do it

Stop using these boards to post as a princess.

Just go the whole way and wear that dress I bought you to Exodus and those frillies that I hear you have ;)

Guest stuartmaxwell
yeah' date=' we send in every year and never hear back, same as t-break. But hey, we'll send one in this year as well - can't hurt to try.[/quote']

aye but you guys are a shower of shite

id much rather listen to degrassi

arf!