aberdeen-music

My rock/metal project demos

Hog

i've only listened to the first posted track so far, still downloading the second

- drums sound horrible. it's not impossible to create dynamics with drum machines/sequencers

- where is the bass? maybe the track isn't finished

- guitar sound was quite yucky in parts, needs fattening up in my opinion, perhaps 2 rhythms panned left and right some amount and then your main twiddles center, or something like that. how did you record the guitar? it just sounded crickly instead of crunchy. needs more lard.

- vocals i quite liked actually. really cheesy in parts, but a decent mix of styles, sometimes it was quite HIM like, other bits reminded me of james hetfield

- the timing on track2 wrt the guitar is a bit funny, it sounds as if you are still getting to grips with computer recording. were you using headphones when recording the guitar? what was coming through the guitar. sounds like you just need to relax more when recording and stop listening for cues and go with the flow of the song.

didn't think too much of the song in terms of originality, but it all fits together well and is compact and that.

ok, the second one i like a lot more in terms of the song, at least at the start anyway, not sure about the wankfest 2 mins in, think that could be better presented with more interesting drums. the song starts of very misery loves co. in a way.

what are you using for the drums? it sounds like a pretty typical drum machine sound. i really like the vocals on track1 actually, they're cool.

Guest Mr Blastcap

new hog gear

this is good stuff Mr Hog, i likes the tunes- i think you have an interesting voice that fits your tunes which in my mind is better than having that "local singer" sound! did you not do a metal version of the tune that goes "my heart is a sinking ship"- thats my favourite.

big back slaps all round!

ps, the wife prefers your stuff to the icarus line, but it is a saturday morning.

Guest Zeenat Aman

I prefer the 2nd track you posted, but which is actually track 1! :p You're voice sounds the same as when you did the acoustic thing, I expected more Grrrrrr?

Be sure to post up more when you have them.

Guest Scorge Spike

They're quite good, but they could really do with a live drummer - the double kick rhythms are a bit do-squiff, and have been written in where they don't sound right. Everything else sounds right, even the vocals are passable....

I'll give it a thumbs up, even if it's just because I fear you won't buy me a pint. :D

Very nice riffs on the first one. Not quite so sure about the second one. It seems to turn a bit comedy or something. I don't really like the solo on it, although I like the solo on the first one.

The singing is quite good in some places I reckon. I prefer the non-growling bits.

Certainly a lot of potential there. And incidently, when I say "first one" I mean the first one posted, not the one called track_1.