aberdeen-music

Marshall amp buzzing

Wishbone G

My mates marshall amp is making a really annoying buzzing sound when it gets turned on. Not the kind of buzzing from a dodgy cable etc, but an actually sound coming from the amp like a lawnmower!

We reckon its the fan, but he cleaned that. Any ideas? Reckon the fan just plain needs replacing?

Cheers for help

I had this problem before....

After trying to work out exacly when it happened I remembered Christopher Robbin borrowing it with Pooh to go and have a jam.

Apparently Pooh wanted some honey and in advertantly destroyed a bees nest. The Queen was none too pleased and thus set up camp inside the speaker.

So along with the buzz you also get a drone!

My mates marshall amp is making a really annoying buzzing sound when it gets turned on. Not the kind of buzzing from a dodgy cable etc' date=' but an actually sound coming from the amp like a lawnmower!

We reckon its the fan, but he cleaned that. Any ideas? Reckon the fan just plain needs replacing?

Cheers for help[/quote']

Is there anything connected as in pedals or so on when its buzzing

what to do is turn it on with nothing connected in the jack socket and turn up the volume - If its buzzing when you do this it could be a problem with the amp as in transistors or valves if its valve run.

Or maybe could be a grounding problem.