aberdeen-music

A fresh start...

PaulDW

The Moshulu Rob post was Dan. And we've recorded 3 times at the Mill' date=' and if you take the price of recording plus all the other production costs, it comes to around that. We'd know, we do things fucking properly, you wouldn't know, because you'd much rather sit on your arse on here, racking up fucking lame ass scene points rather than actually being in a hard-working band that has it's shit together. That's why you're never going to get fucking anywhere except photographing some bird cutting the cake at her wedding, or as a stunt extra on Lord of the Rings, I can just seeing you sitting at home caressing your mouse "ooooh precious...".

Why am I worth winding up? Is it because we're the ones you look up to, because we're the ones aspiring to things way beyond the reaches of this websites bandwidth? Is your constant knit-picking at a band that have never ever done you a wrong turn, and that you've never actually seen, actually just jealousy shining through, possibly the greatest form of flattery available. Or is it that you're just so fucking jealous that we apparantly have the popularity that you strive for....

I met you the other week for the first time, and you were a true gent to my face, then the next night you slagged me off from stage, when you knew I wasn't in the vicinity, and you give me constant shit on the fucking internet. Stop being a whiny bald bitch, if you have a problem, come take it up to my face, you pathetic cunt.

I have way more important things to do that sit here and read a load of bullshit from some bald, wine-sipping loser looking for some online loving, that plays in a bunch of half-assed bands that aren't ever leaving the boundaries of this lousy 'scene'. You're thoughts and opinions mean shit, they're just annoying as hell, and get a little taxing now and again. Maybe you'll one day realise that if you actually put in some hard work, and not be an asshole, then you might actually get somewhere. But hey, to do that you'll have to actually learn to play guitar properly, rumour has it you're shit at that, or maybe you'd still be in Baby Karma.

Get a fucking grip, try and build popularity and respect off your own back, not by jumping on mine, after all, I'm not in some high and mighty position, you're the only person that puts me there, I'm just a 20 year old guy trying to get fucking on with it.

Cut it fucking out, I've had just about enough.[/quote']

lol.

1) Stop taking me serious

2) Im happy being a photographer, its all I ever want to do.

3) Element 106 and Spike are both happy having me as their guitarist

4) I was never in Baby Karma! lol

5) Played with Emma Forman but simply didnt have the time learn the songs so left

6) Im not an asshole, dont take me serious

7) I can play guitar, if you want evidence come see me play on the 16th of April at the Moorings

8) Cant remember the Moorings, was very pished. Sorry if I was being silly.

9) Good luck to MMW. Dont take me serious.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeenat Aman

2) Im happy being a photographer' date=' its all I ever want to do.

[/quote']

Being a succsesful photographer and running a business is 'going somewhere' in my eyes. You certainly have my respect as I know that there is a lot of hard work involved in keeping such a venture going.

:up:

Exactly... Not everyone who plays an instrument is desperate or has to aspire to be signed or go on to world domination as a rock star... And Hog is a fine photographer!

What Hog says about Jamesey and MMW really is tongue and cheek... I can see why it could be seen otherwise, but he really means no harm by it.

Jamesey, you are better than picking these kinds of fights, I know it can be frustrating, if MMW are above these boards and what goes on them, and they are serious about the music (which I know they are) then just get on with it like you said... If you guys are gonna go places, then that will happen regardless of what these boards think or say about you... :cheers:

That was my attempt at being diplomatic... I may have failed! hehe.

Read that back..

Load of bollocks...

"Jamesy, if MMw are above these boards, then you should just ignore Hog and let him continue with the personal attacks on you and your band. After all, it's tongue in cheek."

Here's an idea..Get off your highhorse Hog, and take your tongue out of your fucking cheek, you twat. Leave me alone...The fact that you say you're not serious means dick. You're still acting like a cunt and I've had just about enough. It continues...I'll be coming to have a chat, and no I don't mean through PM's or Msn, rofl!"$"!".

Jamesey and Hoglet stop hijacking the thread ;) Jamesey I think when Hog says you're worth winding up he means because you always take the bait, I love you to pieces dear but you've got a very short fuse :p

Paul I think it sounds like a good decision, and best of luck under the new name. A fresh start aye? :)

Read that back..

Load of bollocks...

. It continues...I'll be coming to have a chat' date=' and no I don't mean through PM's or Msn, rofl!"$"!".[/quote']

lol, hilarious :laughing: Remember to take a stool. You really should learn to ignore me Jamesy.

Well I tried, and was completely misunderstood... but these things happen. So Im just gonna stay out of it!

Cheers Rachie for that, we are hoping anyways... A most definite fresh start... I guess we feel its time to grow up a bit, and try something a little different.

Well I tried' date=' and was completely misunderstood... but these things happen. So Im just gonna stay out of it!

Cheers Rachie for that, we are hoping anyways... A most definite fresh start... I guess we feel its time to grow up a bit, and try something a little different.[/quote']

So are you guys going to be changing your style of music Paul?

Guest stuartmaxwell

i love this thread

wheres that picture of the football player kicking the bee hive??

i like jamesy and i like hog, they are funny people :)

keep up the good work lads, you will be as good an ambassador for ab-music as me one day :)

Well... we are going to introduce some new styles, and try some new things... There are things we are good at, and there were things which we've done for so long they are a bit boring... So we'll keep a few old songs and sort the tones out for sure.

We shall see how it goes... its a sort of half new half old situation... but we are going to treat it as a frsh start...

Plus with Rory coming on board, as the forst reply suggests, he's brough some completely different influences with him. Some far east scales and such... So I just don;t know... But Im loving the music just now thats for sure!

Guest neil ex

you should just ignore Hog and let him continue with the personal attacks on you and your band.

Exactly.. If you don't react to wind ups, no one will wind you up.. You give a child attention and it'll keep on mis-behaving..

You astonish me, Jamesy.. There really is no need to stick up for you band. There's no need to stick up for any band. By the sounds of things, MMW are working pretty damn hard, so good on youse for that.. No one doubts how important the band is to you.. It just makes you look a little foolish, when you keep on reacting to little digs aimed at you and your band..

I'm not having a go at you.. admittedly I have been as guilty as anyone.. :D *that was hard!*

Back on to the topic..

They're both really bad names if you ask me..

The Moshulu Rob post was Dan. And we've recorded 3 times at the Mill' date=' and if you take the price of recording plus all the other production costs, it comes to around that. We'd know, we do things fucking properly, you wouldn't know, because you'd much rather sit on your arse on here, racking up fucking lame ass scene points rather than actually being in a hard-working band that has it's shit together. That's why you're never going to get fucking anywhere except photographing some bird cutting the cake at her wedding, or as a stunt extra on Lord of the Rings, I can just seeing you sitting at home caressing your mouse "ooooh precious...".

Why am I worth winding up? Is it because we're the ones you look up to, because we're the ones aspiring to things way beyond the reaches of this websites bandwidth? Is your constant knit-picking at a band that have never ever done you a wrong turn, and that you've never actually seen, actually just jealousy shining through, possibly the greatest form of flattery available. Or is it that you're just so fucking jealous that we apparantly have the popularity that you strive for....

I met you the other week for the first time, and you were a true gent to my face, then the next night you slagged me off from stage, when you knew I wasn't in the vicinity, and you give me constant shit on the fucking internet. Stop being a whiny bald bitch, if you have a problem, come take it up to my face, you pathetic cunt.

I have way more important things to do that sit here and read a load of bullshit from some bald, wine-sipping loser looking for some online loving, that plays in a bunch of half-assed bands that aren't ever leaving the boundaries of this lousy 'scene'. You're thoughts and opinions mean shit, they're just annoying as hell, and get a little taxing now and again. Maybe you'll one day realise that if you actually put in some hard work, and not be an asshole, then you might actually get somewhere. But hey, to do that you'll have to actually learn to play guitar properly, rumour has it you're shit at that, or maybe you'd still be in Baby Karma.

Get a fucking grip, try and build popularity and respect off your own back, not by jumping on mine, after all, I'm not in some high and mighty position, you're the only person that puts me there, I'm just a 20 year old guy trying to get fucking on with it.

Cut it fucking out, I've had just about enough.[/quote']

Well said.

I don't understand this business of "It's all tongue in cheek, don't pay attention".

It's bollocks.

Guest stuartmaxwell

I don't understand this business of "It's all tongue in cheek' date=' don't pay attention".

[/quote']

it means it was a joke to wind him up

like say

"my downfall are crap grunge music that rips off silverchair"

:D

Guest stuartmaxwell
Okay smart arse' date=' I know what it fucking means, I just don't understand how it becomes an excuse for acting like a prick.

You on the other hand, obviously do, and as such take full advantage of it.[/quote']

ah i see what you mean. i am here to make your life a happier place. why do you hate me so much :(

Guest stuartmaxwell
How I wish we'd done the Celebrity Boxing thing...

Maxi vs Aberdeen-Music

;)

i would kick its arse anyway

wouldnt be worth watching

:)

lol.

1) Stop taking me serious

2) Im happy being a photographer' date=' its all I ever want to do.

3) Element 106 and Spike are both happy having me as their guitarist

4) I was never in Baby Karma! lol

5) Played with Emma Forman but simply didnt have the time learn the songs so left

6) Im not an asshole, dont take me serious

7) I can play guitar, if you want evidence come see me play on the 16th of April at the Moorings

8) Cant remember the Moorings, was very pished. Sorry if I was being silly.

9) Good luck to MMW. Dont take me serious.[/quote']

I cant comment on anything else, but most certainly can comment on no.4 being that most of the people in the band were picked and asked by me and Emma to fit into what we felt we were trying to do. When the first idea about Baby Karma becoming a live band was formed at the beginning of the year Hog was someone who was strongly considered because he was Emma's guiitarist, so there was logic to it, however by the time the band came together due to time commitments Hog wasn't able to give the time required to Emma's solo stuff so it was hardly likely he would be able to give the time needed for Baby Karma, which is a much tighter ship. We also figured that Hog would never enjoy playing the softer poppier stuff that we wanted to put together, Baby Karma is hardly the place for the solo's Hog is so known for. Hog is still a good friend of the band, and it was more time restraints for him learning the stuff and Hog's own likely enjoyment that stopped him being a oart of Baby Karma, and when we get our full set together, he's more than welcome to join us on stage for a run through 'Dancing on the Tables' anytime.

I know Hog can come across badly, but he's a nice bloke and his heart is in the right place, just sometimes his mouth isnt ;) Dont take Hog seriously, rule number 1 !!!

Cheers

Stuart