aberdeen-music

65daysofstatic + fickle public + copy ha_ho - Wed 20th April 05

chilli

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neil ex

I'm making it my birthday night out, in the hope that some people will come along to something they wouldn't normally go to and be pleasantly surprised..

(fingers crossed!)

Guest valley69
I'm making it my birthday night out' date=' in the hope that some people will come along to something they wouldn't normally go to and be pleasantly surprised..

(fingers crossed!)[/quote']

ill be there for your birthday yousef, its my birthday next monday! woo hoo ill be 21.

Guest stuartmaxwell

its the bloody least that line up deserves

but as per bloody usual everyone who says "ill be there" etc wont be

you can never bank on these things

i hate it when i do that :(

this is a Manchester Academy 3 review of the current tour, I think you could say they are warming to the tour:-

Having probably been barred from the smaller venues for blasting holes in the walls with their sonic grenades, 65DAYSOFSTATIC are now moving up to the "larger" venues such as tonights. It's a packed crowd that begs the question from the band "Have they got mixed up with the Joanna Newsom crowd downstairs?" One has sex appeal, harps and harmonies, whilst 65DAYSOFSTATIC have loud guitars, energy and smiles on their faces. Having been feted by the likes of Zane Lowe et all, they have gone from "making songs in our bedroom, to playing in front of a packed crowd" within a short space of time. And on tonight's performance they will continue to garner the plaudits. Their blend of clashing guitars, intense drums being overlaid by clever use of laptops is devoured instantly. Each song is greeted with a degree of familiarity that exceeds their limited output to date. They announce that they wish to "get to the heart of things", an intention aptly demonstrated by opener "Play Nice" which also gets to the legs, torso and innards moving with it's blistering bass lines.

There will be inevitably comparisons with "Explosions In The Sky" but really, this lot are so much more intense, that the make the former appear like Cliff Richard in comparison

The mic stand is only used between songs to engage the crowd in some light hearted banter ("Hello Peterborough") which goes down well; There are plenty of false endings, changes of pace, midsection breaks that allow a delicacy and intricacy to be displayed, As set closer "Break" progresses, the mosh pit is truly a seething mesh of flailing arms and twisting bodies.

The band exit, smiling. Just like the crowd.

I only just found this forum, had to register just to say that I will be in attendance at tomorrow's 65daysofstatic gig.

I will be there all on my lonesome as my usual gig partner has decided he's not coming with me. Basically he's thrown the rattle out of the pram 'cos I'm not going with him to see The Little Kicks this evening. Like, I've seen them heaps of times and I've got work at 4am tomorrow!! When the feck will we get another chance to see 65DoS?!?

Anyway, I digress, like I say, I'll be Billy no mates at tomorrow's gig, feel free to talk to me if you like. I'll be the long hair in the British Sea Power T-shirt, or possibly Sons & Daughters, depending on what's clean!

mumu.

I only just found this forum' date=' had to register just to say that I will be in attendance at tomorrow's 65daysofstatic gig.

I will be there all on my lonesome as my usual gig partner has decided he's not coming with me. Basically he's thrown the rattle out of the pram 'cos I'm not going with him to see The Little Kicks this evening. Like, I've seen them heaps of times and I've got work at 4am tomorrow!! When the feck will we get another chance to see 65DoS?!?

Anyway, I digress, like I say, I'll be Billy no mates at tomorrow's gig, feel free to talk to me if you like. I'll be the long hair in the British Sea Power T-shirt, or possibly Sons & Daughters, depending on what's clean!

mumu.[/quote']

you have chosen your live music wisely, i bet steven (little kicks) milne is at this gig anthow,

he's always after a chance to plagarise other folks music. Only joking............

Talk to the people on the door as starters, we are a friendly bunch......

ENJOY

Any idea what time this is likely to finish at?

Sounds interesting' date=' but I too get up at 4am![/quote']

well @ the planning stage, i don't think it will be that late, us older kids needs us beauty sleep too. 65day are coming up from Newcastle & it will be about their 14th night in a row, so i don't think they will want to be too late,

I think we will aim for Copy HaHo to be on just after 8.30pm

hopefully see you tomorrow PJJ

..just spotted this on 65days site....dunno why i didnt notice till now!!

'..First: Thanks to everyone in Aberdeen who made us feel welcome and took us to pirate bars on Saturday. It's a ten hour drive to the granite city, and is also the furthest north in the WHOLE WORLD. But it's worth it, because they have 24 INCH PIZZAS! Crikey Moses!..'

haha, that'll be the Moorings then...we left them there puting money into the jukebox like there was no tomorrow, and they swore they'd stay until they got literally chucked out!!!