aberdeen-music

fear of silence

Guest Zeenat Aman

Guest Zeenat Aman

Are you one of those people who must always have the tv or stereo on? Or maybe you even have music while you walk to work, college?

I'm interested to know why some people cant be with out it, whats so bad about silence?

:)

Same... I just can't concentrate properly if there's not music on, in particular. THe TV not so much, but my CD player would normally be on... For any college work and so on definitely...

Think its just habit... but it hasnt really affected my work... so I can't complain...

Awesome....im gonna have to look into this.....ive been wanting his stuff for a while' date=' but i read that he doesnt release anything...so im happy now! (is it a soundtrack you have?)[/quote']

It is a soundtrack. Can make you a tape if you want?

Are you one of those people who must always have the tv or stereo on? Or maybe you even have music while you walk to work' date=' college?

I'm interested to know why some people can't be without it, what's so bad about silence?

:)[/quote']

Nothing's wrong with silence, but the only time I like it is when I'm reading a book. At all other times I need music to be on. If there's a chance I'm going to be walking by myself anytime I'll make sure I have my iPod with me because walking in silence is boring if it's the same scenery every time. And a drive down to Glasgow or Edinburgh etc seems to pass really quickly with AC/DC on full blast.

The TV is a different matter though. The only time I'll put it on is if there's other folk in the house, otherwise I'll put on music loudly. The only time I really bother with the TV is for Neighbours, Doctors and Planet Sound on teletext.

I need to listen to music for at least an hour in my day. I just wouldn't feel right without it.