aberdeen-music

FOA Neil Leyton fans, good news!

Afro Droid

Neil will be back in the 'deen for a month-long residency at Cafe Drummonds, doing acoustic shows and electric with a few, ahem, guests. Sure to be a corking month!! The dates are the 5th, 14th, 21st and 29th July.

Leyton's latest album, titled "...from the brighter side of her midnight sun..." extends the boundaries of his songwriting range, both musically as well as lyrically: influences from Shelley to modern day sociologists / psychiatrists Fromm and Gruen. Production-wise, it has everything from the harshest guitar noise (think MC5, International Noise Conspiracy) to the sweetest melodies (from Jeff Buckley's high-registers to latter-day Nick Cave's more understated charms).

More on Neil here:

http://www.fadingwaysmusic.com/neilLeyton.html

And to whoever felt they needed to give me a neg scene point with this comment:

"why?cause radio lucifer say? they are a bunch of idiots. you cant like them."

Cunt off. I saw him at Moshulu last year and liked him.

Go cry to your mother. Nobody cares what you think. Too cowardly to post that on this thread, have to hide behind the scene point system.

Pathetic little wank.

Guest stuartmaxwell

Go cry to your mother. Nobody cares what you think. Too cowardly to post that on this thread' date=' have to hide behind the scene point system.

Pathetic little wank.[/color']

ha ha ha classic

i love aberdeen-music.com

sometimes peoples anonymity makes it funnier, they never hold back :laughing:

i am actually laughing hard right now

(it wasnt me)

Go cry to your mother. Nobody cares what you think. Too cowardly to post that on this thread' date=' have to hide behind the scene point system.

Pathetic little wank.[/color']

You go girl!

ha ha ha classic

sometimes peoples anonymity makes it funnier' date=' they never hold back :laughing:

(it wasnt me)[/quote']

Better not have been :nono:

;)

You go girl!

What can I say... I don't like mornings/afternoons/anytime when I've just woken up...

Anyhoo. Yes. Shall most definitely make my way to one of these shows.

ha ha ha classic

sometimes peoples anonymity makes it funnier' date=' they never hold back :laughing:

(it wasnt me)[/quote']

I've only just discovered the whole comment thing. People seem to comment on the weirdest of things.

Does anyone find that when you play a gig, only people wo liked your band come up and tell you; and the opposite is true on the internet? It's the anonymity I guess....

Guest Zeenat Aman
Hence the inverted commas. Most of my money comes from DJing.

Full time music it is. ;) best of luck with it!

Will check out at least on of these nights, as I liked his track that was on a fudge cd.

Guest stuartmaxwell
I've only just discovered the whole comment thing. People seem to comment on the weirdest of things.

Does anyone find that when you play a gig' date=' only people wo liked your band come up and tell you; and the opposite is true on the internet? It's the anonymity I guess....[/quote']

i do see your point chris but,

surely its a bit rude to go out of your way and say "aright min, i thought yer band were mince puddings"

nobody ever comes up to me and says that they liked my band anyway :)

im looking fwd to playing up here and seeing the results online, people will finally get a chance to knock me after years of me doing it to them :)

Yeah, according to someone, I am a " *cough* tosser". Considering how rare it is I ever post on these boards I'm curious as to how that can be. Unless they know me in person!

Guest Scorge Spike
im looking fwd to playing up here and seeing the results online' date=' people will finally get a chance to knock me after years of me doing it to them :)[/quote']

CTSZ8.jpg

I'll have them sharpened especially for you. :D

Guest stuartmaxwell
But it's easier' date=' and more acceptable, to do it hiding behind a computer screen. Ho-hum, I'm as guilty as anyone I 'spose....[/quote']

true.

mind you, i think most people (if someone in a band came up and asked yhem what they thought) would tell them exactly what they thought

pop goes the ego