aberdeen-music

this friday go to moshulu early...

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest stuartmaxwell

why??

i am just back from fickle and distophia in glasgow barfly

it was fucking immense. get yer arses along to this show. it absolutely blew me away. fickle were 10 times better than the lock up show. fuck a duck

both distophia and fickle were two of the tightest and most energetic bands i have seen in a while, it would be a trajedy if you missed out folks, a trajedy. i am coming up to the deen on friday for this (maybe)

plus copy ha ho are playing too, it will be a kickass gig.

LETS SEE SOME FUCKING ATMOSPHERE IN MOSHULU!!!!!!!!

Yes indeed. Fickle Public were fawesome. Big improvements since the last couple of times I've seen them. Pretty short set but it did the job.

Distophia were quite impressive, but not something I'd go out and buy. Very tight performance and lovely vocals :)

I only seem to see Turning 13 once in a blue moon, and when I do see them, I'm like "wtf, why don't I come more often?" Lead vocals are a joy and the new song 'Newbie' (ha!) is very nice also. Smashing end to the set too!

The first band... yawn. They didn't seem very interested, playing with their backs to the crowd. Pretty dull. I realise there were only like 10 people max watching them but I'd expect to see a 100% effort all the time.

Guest pop-notmyface

i wasn't too fond of turing 13, they sounded like they would burst into a cover of Yourcodenameis:milo at any moment.

dystophia were really good, hard to pin down though in genre. the slim guy, John, was quite amusing!

Fickle Public of course owned the crowd, everyone was keeping their distance during the first two sets, but everyone rushed closer for these guys. Kittens got claws followed by Big window set, well, thats saying something...

I actually really enjoyed copy_haho last night. They sounded good out of the Moshulu sound system. Can anyone really blame them if they couldn't be fucked playing to FOUR (4) of their friends sitting down at the front? It was a fucking disgrace to be honest because they're a fucking great band. They were definitely the most musically interesting band of the night...

Turning 13. Shoot the fuckers.

Distophia were quite good. Nothing spectacular but you could definitely hear that they had really worked on both their songs and their sound. A good solid band. Really loved the noise parts as well.

Fickle Public were ok. I didn't think that they were particularly great but they got the best crowd response. Most of the people were there to see them, I think. I just wasn't that keen to be honest, but maybe that was just last night. Would not mind seeing them again.

• 3 weeks later...
Here's to Aberdeens finest promoter' date=' Lester Burnham.

So what is it you actually do? Out of curiosity.[/quote']

whoa whoa... I was saying I would of liked to have known about this gig... because I would have gone...

Christ.