aberdeen-music

Manic Street Preachers tour

rach

From Drowned In Sound:

Hot on the heels of their latest arena tour, the Manic Street Preachers are at it again.... only this time you won't need binoculars to see them, as they're returning to somewhat smaller venues.

You can catch them at:

April

3rd Southampton Guildhall

4th Derby Assembly Rooms,

6th Wolverhampton Civic Hall

7th Swansea Brangwyn Hall

9th Liverpool Royal Court

11th Bristol Colston Hall

12th Cambridge Corn Exchange

13th Newcastle City Hall

15th Edinburgh Corn Exchange

17th Leeds University Refectory

18th London Carling Hammersmith Apollo

Tickets will be on sale at 9am on Friday 4th February, from the usual places. They will sell out quick, so don't forget, ebay at 10! Grrr.

I'll go to the Corn Exchange if i can get off work okay and if i can afford it. I've only seen them in arenas so i would very much like to seem them at the Corn Exchange. Although how big is the Corn Exchange?

Corn Exchange is only a couple of thousand, quite small compared to some of the bigger arenas they've played recently.

I've seen them a few times in large (Reading, TITP, SECC) & small venues (Music Hall, Dundee Caird Hall) and the small venue is a million times better for them.

However, after listening to the new CD, I'd be hard pushed to bother ever going to see them again.

No he's selling chips with Jim Morrison in Hammersmith

Cringe. Jim Morrison...tsk.

This is from their website:

Past/Present/Future - April 2005 Tour

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All our knowledge past, present and future is nothing compared to what we will never know. (Tsiolkovsky)

2004 ended with the Manic Street Preachers sold out Arena tour receiving amazing reviews ... described as Their best shows for a decade by the NME and by the Times as A communal celebration of the bands return to form. More dates have now been confirmed for April 2005 with the band returning to venues and cities they have not visited in almost 10 years.

They have promised to play a varied selection of songs from throughout their back catalogue, including tracks such as 4st 7lb, Archives of Pain and Of Walking Abortion from their third album The Holy Bible which was released as a special 10th Anniversary edition at the end of 2004.

The band are hoping to unveil new material on the forthcoming tour, including tracks, which they are currently recording. The dates and venues of the tour are as follows.