aberdeen-music

battle of the bands

Guest *alex*

Guest Tam o' Shantie
No im not naive' date=' I see your point totally, but I thought what you said was a bit unfair. If the band were not the best of the three, it wouldnt have mattered about how many people were there, they were up against two well known bands, ([b']10 easy wishes won last year I think? and the mighty human generator) which im sure the judges knew, so for them to put the other two bands out at an early stage was obviously because 'drunk fux' were the better band on the night. Also I read earlier that there was only one point between all the bands. Perhaps you are being slightly cynical!? :)

10EW have never entered a competition like this before.

With no offence at all to 'drunk fux' I thought they were a fairly typical teenage band, playing music that sounded just like Guns 'n' Roses. I am honestly not trying to be harsh here, but they were not the kind of band who ever do anything prolific. I really can't see them playing gigs outside of Aberdeen or recording anything than a couple of basic demos...know what I mean? I can't really put it nicely...but yeah.

I was against the idea of a BOTB to be honest but it was worth a shot, my cynicism has only been confirmed by playing one of these shows (though to be fair we were pretty damn awful anyway).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we will see.

Well they'd need to change their name because it's unlikely anyone would take them seriously with a name like that if they want to succeed because it really just does sound like a name came up with late at night in a pub, I haven't heard them, but I wouldn't take them as a serious band due to the name, that might be my loss, but I'd imagine there are other people who would feel the same too.

Cheers

Stuart

Well they'd need to change their name because it's unlikely anyone would take them seriously with a name like that if they want to succeed because it really just does sound like a name came up with late at night in a pub' date=' I haven't heard them, but I wouldn't take them as a serious band due to the name, that might be my loss, but I'd imagine there are other people who would feel the same too.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

now, now, let's not be small minded here. :nono: fair play to the Drunk Fux!!

back in the day,i was a big Gnr fan...and my money is on this theory....

the name "Drunk Fux" was taken from the Live Era album. Its on a poster inside the booklet.(but only geek gnr fans would know that :rockon: , check it out...seeing is believing!)

Well they'd need to change their name because it's unlikely anyone would take them seriously with a name like that if they want to succeed because it really just does sound like a name came up with late at night in a pub' date=' I haven't heard them, but I wouldn't take them as a serious band due to the name, that might be my loss, but I'd imagine there are other people who would feel the same too.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

I disagree. "Drunk Fux" is a great name for a band. Almost as good as "Free Beer", but not quite.

Maybe you should change the name of Stayover to that then and see how much record company interest you get ;)

Cheers

Stuart

i totaly see your point but FUCK OFF MACHETE are signed and have a global distrubution

contract. drunk fux does sound like a joke band playing bowling for soup covers but maby they dont want to be big.

Guest Mr Blastcap

as mentioned

i was there for the drunk fux and thought they were really good, bit of an aerosmith thing going down. sure they brought a posse, but it was fun to watch. i'm not sure if it was all origonal stuff or not though: if it was i was well impressed. they were great! i been doing some research on the web looking for a site relating to them, turns out drunk fux was a guns and roses pub side project. there is a band with the same name from japan as it turns out. any how, i would have stuck around for 10ew, cause some of the stuff i downloaded by them was the nuts but i had stuff to do. strikes me as a bit funny, if deadloss or radio lucifer had done the same thing people would be ganging up to hand pour the compliments, but such is the nature of small c conservative aberdeen!

if anyone has a contact for fore mentioned d fux plaese pass it on, i want to support them with sidca!

later, reptiles.

if deadloss or radio lucifer had done the same thing people would be ganging up to hand pour the compliments' date=' but such is the nature of small c conservative aberdeen!

[/quote']

Rest assured theres very little chance I would have been :) my comments were only about the tendency of rent a crowd bands, and then the name being an impediment to success if that was what they wanted.

Ah and as to the 'Fuck Off Machete' thing, I've never heard of them, they may have a dsitribution deal etc but they're never going to be a 'huge' band, which may be fine with them, but I've always seen that bands who enter Battle of the Bands competitions want to be as successfull as possible, hence the competitions, and a name which impairs that seems a bit self defeatist, it's all depepndent on what the band wish to achieve.

Cheers

Stuart