aberdeen-music

Web site on the move again!

Neil

In the next day or two aberdeen-music.com will be closing to facilitate the move to another web hosting provider. Every year or so I review the web hosting costs this web site incurs and make sure I can't get a better deal elsewhere. As it happens I have found a better deal and so it's time to move again.

The move should only take 24 - 48 hours to complete (the move doesn't actually take this long to complete - it just takes this long for DNS changes to propagate). Once the move has been completed no doubt a few of you will still be seeing the old site (which will still be closed) while some of you will be seeing the new and hopefully re-opened site. Don't worry about this. Depending on what ISP you use to access the Internet it can vary quite considerably how quickly you will be able to access the new site.

Once the move is completed aberdeen-music.com will still be on a dedicated web server but now fully managed by the web hosting provider and not me as it is just now. This gives me more time to concentrate on the web site again rather than administrating the web server. And most importantly, the web hosting is significantly cheaper but performance and reliability should, if anything, improve even further once the move is done and dusted.

Thanks for you patience everyone.