aberdeen-music

Fact or Fiction

Guest JockeySnogger

Guest MarkJDelaney

I take it you saw a video clip of this happening online or on TV? I'm not sure if it is true... I wouldn't think so. Although it makes you wonder if you can train a cat to walk like that on command if it isn't...

you know if you drop a cat from higher than 7 stories or lower than 5 storeys it's likely to survive. at 7 storeys it reaches terminal velocity and when it does that it can puff itself out like a squirrel does and parachute down. just never drop it from 6 storeys because won't give it enough time to hit terminal velocity but it's too far down for it to just land.

you know if you drop a cat from higher than 7 stories or lower than 5 storeys it's likely to survive. at 7 storeys it reaches terminal velocity and when it does that it can puff itself out like a squirrel does and parachute down. just never drop it from 6 storeys because won't give it enough time to hit terminal velocity but it's too far down for it to just land.

but surely, if it's a really fat, heavy cat it'll fall faster than your average cat

same as how if it's a light, skinny cat (or kitten), it'll fall slower

edit: actually, probably not, i'm not too clued up on the physics of lobbing cats out of windows