aberdeen-music

Foyer Music Open on Saturdays

Terance

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Startex
is it safe to ask about the foyer now???
I'd hope it always has been!
just out of interest is there any samples of recordings done at your place??
You could check out both the Maple and Le Reno Amps albums. They basically record some of the material there then take it home to work on other stuff on PC. It's not really setup or aimed at "professional" bands though so not much of the recorded material will be heard publicly. It's aimed at young musicians who are just starting out and is ideal for demos' date=' rather than polished albums to be stocked in Vigin etc.
I think we may look into booking a practise time here to see what its like. the price is good anyway and if its up to what people have said ill be well happy.
Please do! All the information you could ever need is on the foyerlive website. It's also where you need to book sessions. The prices are at the bottom of the "equipment" page by the way.

Any problems, email, or PM me any time. :band:

Guest Startex

The hats are fine, they are cheap Zyildians or however it's spelt! The cymbals are sadly trashed. I am trying to get enough cash together to replce them but at the moment I'm afriad they are a gonner. Mind you if you haven't booked in yet by the time you do come in I may well have a new set which will hopefully be strong enough to take the abuse they are so constantly given by people who don't give a :swearing: for other peoples gear.

Guest Scorge Spike
The hats are fine' date=' they are cheap Zyildians or however it's spelt! The cymbals are sadly trashed. I am trying to get enough cash together to replce them but at the moment I'm afriad they are a gonner. Mind you if you haven't booked in yet by the time you do come in I may well have a new set which will hopefully be strong enough to take the abuse they are so constantly given by people who don't give a :swearing: for other peoples gear.[/quote']

Pack of shits.

Should also add that the kit is a Mapex (less snare) - it plays nicely......

EDIT: What's a cheap Zildjian, exactly? :D

Guest Startex
What's a cheap Zildjian' date=' exactly? :D[/quote']

I think they decided that they would make slightly cheper cymbals as most people couldn't afford their usual top range stuff. But I'm no drummer so I could be talking crap, as usual! I put all my faith in Simon who ownes Drum Central in Glasgow and Edinburgh. They supply all our drum gear so when I need stuff I just call and he sends stuff up. I tried the shop in Holburn Street a while back, took our snare round and asked him to fix it. As far as I know they still have it but even after a few visits we still have no snare and they ain't called me once. So I'm not going back there again!

well sounds good ill take my own ones along just to make sure' date=' the only thing is you seem to be booked out all wednesday afternoons for the next while which is a bugger cause thats the only day we get a full practise on the go. Hmm will need to think about this....[/quote']

Well there is Saturday all day , i think this is why i started this thread :gringo:

Guest Startex
well sounds good ill take my own ones along just to make sure' date=' the only thing is you seem to be booked out all wednesday afternoons for the next while which is a bugger cause thats the only day we get a full practise on the go. Hmm will need to think about this....[/quote']Ho mum... yeah sorry about that. It's a class we run for some of the young people we work with. However I think it's booked a lot later than they use it. What time would you want it? I can speak to the tutor and find out what time she wants to use it until,l then get back to you.

Ho mum... yeah sorry about that. It's a class we run for some of the young people we work with. However I think it's booked a lot later than they use it. What time would you want it? I can speak to the tutor and find out what time she wants to use it until' date='l then get back to you.[/quote']

Hmm actually maybe we could do a tuesday.......right how bout a week on tuesday at 2pm for two hours is that ok???

Guest Startex

You're guess is as good as mine if 2-4 a week on Tuesday is available. The booking system is on-line at www.foyerlive.com

Hang on, I'll check...... Tuesday 25th January 2-4pm is currently available. If you want it, feel free to book it before anyone else does! Hope to see you on the day!

:band:

Yes !

And everyone else!

A weekend of extensive gigs brought to you from those cheeky chaps at FoyerMusic.

Bands from all over the country are gracing the fair shores of our delightfull city' date=' with a few of aberdeens top new stars to boot.

The Weekend is as follows:

Friday 28th January:

Session in 1-up-record store, Belmont Street - from 4 till 6pm

Totally Free !!!!!!

Friday 28th January

Over 14+ Foyerlive Gig Cafe Drummonds, Belmont Street - from 8 till 12pm

2 at the door .

Saturday 29th January

Accoustic Session in Kilau Coffee Shop Little Belmont Street 6 till 9pm ,

Also Totally Free!!!!!!!!!!!

More Information can be found on [url']www.foyerlive.com