aberdeen-music

Men At Work

Mr.Tim

hey

Fuck knows how I know things like this but here goes.....Colin Hay was the lead singer from men at work - as far as i know he's a scotsman, but he emigrated to Oz, where he formed the band. he went solo for a bit in the 90's and had several largely forgettable records, and of course, he and his band are best known for their classic 1985 hit 'down under', no doubt a tribute to his second homeland. men at work definitely reformed about 3 years ago, whether or not they're still together, i'm not sure at all. they're probably trailing around on the butlins circuit somewhere, and if not, you can be sure they'll appear in aberdeen at one of those 80's reunited tours sometime in the future. (usually visits music hall or lemon tree)

hope that helped :)

Mike

hey

Fuck knows how I know things like this but here goes.....Colin Hay was the lead singer from men at work - as far as i know he's a scotsman' date=' but he emigrated to Oz, where he formed the band. he went solo for a bit in the 90's and had several largely forgettable records, and of course, he and his band are best known for their classic 1985 hit 'down under', no doubt a tribute to his second homeland. men at work definitely reformed about 3 years ago, whether or not they're still together, i'm not sure at all. they're probably trailing around on the butlins circuit somewhere, and if not, you can be sure they'll appear in aberdeen at one of those 80's reunited tours sometime in the future. (usually visits music hall or lemon tree)

hope that helped :)

Mike[/quote']

Very true. Colin Hay and his brother were the core of men at work and in fact hailed from Glasgow.