morrissey setlist

1. how soon is now?

2. first of the gang to die

3. november spawned a monster

4. bigmouth strikes again

5. redondo beach

6. friday mourning

7. i have forgiven jesus

8. subway train into the munich air disaster!

9. the never played symphonies

10. there is a light that never goes out

11. you know i couldn't last

12. irish blood english heart

13. shoplifters of the world unite and take over

14. i like you

15. don't make fun of daddy's voice

encore - last night i dreamt

stunning stuff i tell ye :D mmmm PJ Harvey as support was amazing. thought morrissey setlist bored slow and depressing at times but didnt matter cause just seeing him live was enough. great gig :D more so cause pj harvey was def on form. and i got myself a "uh huh her" pj tee also. amazing :D

morrissey setlist

1. how soon is now?

2. first of the gang to die

3. november spawned a monster

4. bigmouth strikes again

5. redondo beach

6. friday mourning

7. i have forgiven jesus

8. subway train into the munich air disaster!

9. the never played symphonies

10. there is a light that never goes out

11. you know i couldn't last

12. irish blood english heart

13. shoplifters of the world unite and take over

14. i like you

15. don't make fun of daddy's voice

encore - last night i dreamt

stunning stuff i tell ye :D mmmm PJ Harvey as support was amazing. thought morrissey setlist bored slow and depressing at times but didnt matter cause just seeing him live was enough. great gig :D more so cause pj harvey was def on form. and i got myself a "uh huh her" pj tee also. amazing :D

Would i not like to have seen that :(

I saw a concert on MTV2 from Manchester of his current tour and he was just GODLIKE :rolleyes:

He's such a good showman. When he came out in the vicar outfit, I KNEW it was going to be a great gig.

The rolling aorund on the floor during the bassoon solo in November Spawned A Monster was absolute class, and the Band Aid comment was top notch.

Almost perfect choice of older songs to play. It could only have been improved if he'd played Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before and Speedway as well. Bigmouth and Shoplifters were both stunning.

Do people think its a good idea for him to play so many smiths songs? Sure its nostalgia but im not convinced...bit like Ian Brown and Joe Strummer playing their respective bands songs too. :ding:

Seems an alright number of Smiths songs to me, why shouldn't he play songs he shared half the writting credit for?

He's just playing what most people want to hear and showcasing his solo material too.

He's not selling the tour as a Smiths concert but a Morrissey one, the buzz about him recently is about the quality of his recent album.

If it was the other way round i would have a problem with it as then it would be plainly a nostalgia trip :moody:

Opening with how soon is now? seems to devalue the strength of his own concert for me.

Opening up playing a song which could be easily be an encore can been seen in two ways:-

1) Here's the song you want to hear now fuck off and let the real fans enjoy the gig in piece

or

2) Play your most famous song and show how good the rest of your songs are next to it. Which i think he was probably doing.

If he was to play only one Smiths song in the set i would have wanted There is a light that never goes out anyway :up: