aberdeen-music

fancy a new job?

delboy

one football manager needed for ailing league two team cambridge united, knowledge of the beautiful game not essential as we're hurtling towards the conference anyway. applications to gary harewood c/o the abbey stadium, cambridge

the pays crap but you'll earn more then being in a band :up:

shit oh shit oh shit, i hope vogts is not wanting a crack at english 'football'. patterson would like cambridge, lots of nice pubs even if they are full of bloody students.

i forgot to mention that you get to travel all round the country and go to such lovely places as Bury, Scunthorpe, Grimsby, Mansfield and Darlington.

a 1-1 draw against the mighty bury, considoring we've lost 8 out of our last 9 games i'd have taken the point but it was against 10 men and we again were very unlucky, bloody typical when your down the bottom of the table you dont get the rub of the green.

and one of the faves for the job is none other than 'razor' ruddock, bring it on!!!

a 1-1 draw against the mighty bury' date=' considoring we've lost 8 out of our last 9 games i'd have taken the point but it was against 10 men and we again were very unlucky, bloody typical when your down the bottom of the table you dont get the rub of the green.

and one of the faves for the job is none other than 'razor' ruddock, bring it on!!![/quote']

At least Shrewsbury and Kidderminster(sp?) both lost 2-0. You've got better GD than the two teams above Shrewsbury as well, still a struggle but not hopeless at all.

'Razor' Ruddock is far too clasy for Cambridge Utd.

I think the Berti Vogts suggestion is best.

:puke:

p.s Looks like the mighty Barnet lost today. Still well on track to take Utd's place though

yeah well barnet did have the cushion of a 13 point lead before the game! we'll be alright, we're back to having a full squad now and just need to get the old confidence levels up, i'm sure we'll be alright, we're due a decent run. its an unpredictable league, i mean scunthorpe were predicted to struggle and are walking it though they were very lucky when they played us the other week!

I think Razor would do a sterling Job. Anyone but Berti!! or Steve Paterson!!!!

i agree razor would be ace! another possible is our ex striker dion dublin but we tried that before having an abbey legend as boss (john taylor dublins old strike partner) and much as us fans love the guy he was pretty hopeless as a manager (apart from taking us to a 4-1 defeat in the LDV cup final against blackpool in 2002).

yeah well barnet did have the cushion of a 13 point lead before the game! we'll be alright' date=' we're back to having a full squad now and just need to get the old confidence levels up, i'm sure we'll be alright, we're due a decent run. its an unpredictable league, i mean scunthorpe were predicted to struggle and are walking it though they were very lucky when they played us the other week![/quote']

If Cambridge and the mighty Barnet are in the same league next year we should treat ourselves to a ticket.

that would be super! i went to barnet once in the first round of the mickey mouse lower league teams cup (cant remember who was sponsering it then) in 1995 and we won a close fought game 2-1 to a crowd of about 600. nice little ground is underhill....

Hell' date=' I'll give it a shot. I've got ten year's experience playing Championship Manager.

Or does that make me over qualified? ;)[/quote']

i'm playing cambridge on the new championship manager and have steered the team to the safety of 11th place so maybe i should get the job!!!!

On CM4 i even managed to get cambridge promoted though i got sacked the next season!

Do you remember one of the first editions of CM where they inserted a couple of the programming staff into the Cambridge squad and made tham international quality? Mark Collis and Ferrah Orosco' date=' football legends that we never had.

That kind of geekish trivia should get me a seat on the board, at least! ;)

In CM4 I got Morecambe into the Premiership and won the league cup, so maybe you could be my assistant...:p[/quote']

no i was a late convert to CM, i was pretty hopeless at CM4, the only team who never sacked me were barcelona who i managed for five whole seasons. i got sacked four times by cambridge, three times by celtic and once by newcastle and man utd.

have high hopes for the new game though, after a dodgy start where i lost six of my first seven games, i've steered the team to mid table safety with 10 games of the season left and there's still an outside chance of making the play offs which was all the fans and board expected.