aberdeen-music

James Brown Battles Cancer

Stephen

taken from aversion.com

Soul legend James Brown announced to the world that he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer in a statement released yesterday (Dec. 10).

The 71-year-old Godfather of Soul is scheduled to undergo surgery treat the disease on Wednesday (Dec. 15). He's optimistic that he can beat the disease.

"I have overcome a lot of things in my life. I will overcome this as well," Brown said in a statement.

and taken from aversion.com (again)

James Brown's surgery to combat prostate cancer was deemed a full success by his doctor.

Brown underwent a procedure yesterday (Dec. 15) to treat his recently diagnosed cancer. At the completetion of his operation, his urologist, Dr. James Bennett said the Godfather of Soul will most likely beat the disease.

"Mr. Brown has successfully undergone a localized prostate cancer procedure and is resting comfortably," he said in a statement. "We expect a full recovery. With proper follow-up and care, we can also expect a full cure."

Brown plans to take three weeks off to recouperate from the procedure. When he's back on his feet, a tour of Asia and Australia are in the works.