aberdeen-music

what music is every one listening to?

Punk Anarchist

New Order live? is that official cd?

yes it is, it came as part of a new order box set which was released towards the end of 2002, as far as i know thats the only place you can get it, i dont think its been released on its own.

the box set is well worth getting hold of as there's plenty of rareities on it. although the live CD spans some 20 odd years its been cleverly put together and sounds like one gig!

hope that helps!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Helps" as in I'm technically down 40 quid now!

Oh well' date=' my copy of "Substance" is getting a bit worn down now. Time for an upgrade...

:up:[/quote']

you wont be disappointed, as well as the live album there's a pop collection featuring singles, a fans collection (some journalist picking his fave tunes), and a remix CD.....

Yeah' date=' that and "Movement" (trying too hard to recapture what had gone). "Get Ready" was pretty good for its time, but so much in music has happened since then that has its roots in Joy Division/New Order's ouvre. It should be interesting to see if their next album tries to top the young 'uns or if they just do another "Republic" and rest on their laurels.[/quote']

yeah i was on their official web site the other day and its says the album should be out next year, 'movement' is more like a joy division record but it does include one of my fave new order tunes ever 'dreams never end' which is as far as i know the only new order song where hooky sings lead vocals. 'get ready' is fantastic but my fave studio album remains 'power, corruption and lies'

both monaco albums are really good, i also own a copy of hookys early 90's project Revenge, much underated. also love electronic and the other two, though the solo projects tend to generally sound like a bit of watered down version of new order, if you know what i mean!

Anytime you want to swap jobs' date=' just let me know. I've been trying to get into radio for years![/quote']

tis not easy! took me seven years and three moves before getting a permanent full time job on the wireless plus over three years working for free.

its a shame cos i got offered a pub gig in derry but had to turn it down cos of me hours on the overnights.

I-CD-FOREIGN2004.JPG

With Deron Miller of CKY at the riff/vocal helm and James Murphy of (ex) Death providing the lead guitar, not to forget Jess Margera's always solid and fitting drum work, this set had drool on my socks long before it was finished. This double album is insane, and if technical guitar that succeedes in ripping your balls off while still managing to smell as sweet as tinkerbell's asshole appeals to you, then this CD deserves a place in your collection. Only 2500 were printed and there's no guarantee that there will be more runs, (although I'd be surprised if there weren't.)

Only available through amazon.com and transition store.

Guest Scorge Spike

I've asked for New Order in Exodus several times, though it never gets played......

I think Power Corruption And Lies is the greatest thing ever. The box set was a bit of a let down, it had some really obvious omissions. The next album should be a damn sight better than Get Ready...

i am an original 70's punk (showing my age) and it was just a form of rebellion most teenagers feel the need to go through in any era.

anarchy means having a society with no hiearchy, no government and no rules. it dont work.

we are social animals and nature will select a leader one way or another

as for the music it's great

for me the albums that have stood the test of time are:- the vibrators - V2, the clash - the clash, the stranglers - rattus norvegicus and of course the pistols - bollocks

other great bands:- siouxsie and the banshees, the ruts, psychedelic furs and wire

if you want something political try Crass or Poison Girls - that will take you to the gates of hell itself.