aberdeen-music

what music is every one listening to?

Punk Anarchist

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allsystemsfail is a fine fellow' date=' I've known him for years. Us punks are becoming right old cunts, I'm 29 and he's 42![/quote']

why jake you dont look a day over 21 :p

there is plenty of young punks on here tho and id recommend punkanarchist or whoever it is that started this thread, to get himself down to the good doctors and check out some punk shows at the good doctors and make some punk friends that way! there is plenty of friendly people (like myself ;) ) about!

the piano soundtrack mmmmmmmmmmmm so beautiful

and too many disney classics

possibly also greese, moulin rouge cats and oliverT, opera of phantom always an option!!!

seriously though ^ so good for feeling happy!

oh and buck65 groovyness and anyone who likes to sing 'its only a paper moon...' (preferably by bobby darin)

king crimson' date=' robert fripp, adrian belew, rush, dream theater, yes,rick wakeman, curved air and a few others but thats stuff i listen to most[/quote']

jeezus i dont even have my king crimson music down/up here, i thank you much for reminding me!

Guest allsystemsfail
I read a lot of Proudhons' date=' Bakunins and Godwins' work and i can see what the appeal of abolishing all forms of hierarchy is. However it's strange how so much of the anarchists' perfect society relies heavily on the rationality of human beings - especially with the existance of the terrorist-type anarchist - it seems a little contradictory. All-in-all i wouldn't mind seeing proper anarchism go a little further than tiny islands. I chose to do a presentation on it because i thought it'd be interesting, and indeed it was.

As for anarcho punk, i think it's ace that people are using their music to project political beliefs/values. To see bands like bad religion make it on to the world scale is massively impressive. Although it's not something i'm in to, with bands as huge as RATM being both successful and yet still so political, it's proven to be a good combination.

And i was just kidding about the 'last comment'. :p[/quote']

Have you read Malatesta's Anarchy? Said by many to be the finest introductory work on the subject. You can find it (and many other anarchist titles) at http://www.akpress.com

Regarding anarchists employing the methods of the terrorist, for example assasination, few were involved (or saw the necessity) of such a thing. Most believe (quite correctly) that change can only occur through mass action. I know of no anarchists today who hold with the view of the terrorist.

But hey man, it's pretty cool that you're interested in this topic. If you wanna continue this discussion, then hey, that would be great.

Regarding anarcho-punk, check out the work of folks such as Crass, Conflict, and Chumbawamba. That is if you haven't done so already.

Guest allsystemsfail
Anarchists live in their own world' date=' they don't seem to realise that the country will never be ruled in the style of contemporary Anarchism.[/quote']

Ruled? Anarchists have no interest in the seizure of power, in control.

And regarding folks such as myself living in our own world, the anarchist movement has grown considerably in recent years. Its contribution to the wider anti-capitalist movement is but one example. And yes, many do indeed think it a viable option.

current faves on the franklin stereo are....

The Human League - Reproduction

New Order - Live 1981 - 2002

George Michael - Patience

U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Deadloss Superstar - Live At Exile

Electronic - Electronic

Johnny Domino - Solid Ground

Saint Maybe - Draining the swine lord

Brian Wilson - Smile

Le Reno Amps - LP

Tom Waits - Real Gone

Morrissey - You Are The Quarry (the B Sides CD)

and the Maple album when i pick it up when i'm back in town next week (unless some bugger has stolen it)

Right now...I'm listening to Old Man Gloom's new record...which is awesome!

Other stuff I listen to:

Converge, Poison The Well, Cult Of Luna, Strung Out, Motlet Crue, Sick Of It All, The Clash, Rancid, Braid, Misery Signals, Dillinger Escape Plan, Aconite Thrill, Eighteen Visions, Hundred Reasons, Manic Street Preachers, Sigur Ros, Deftones, Fugazi, Elliott, The Sleeping, Mogwai, Thrice, Thursday...too much to list really....

xXscottXx