aberdeen-music

spyware problem

Guest Cowboy Dan

Guest Cowboy Dan

My cunting brother has installed some absurd program on our computer now I can't get rid of it...

I've ran spybot, ad-aware pro, deleted my temporary internet files and searched far and wide through my program files to find a dodgy folder but to no avail, there is also no option to turn it off in the toolbars bit on Internet Explorer...

The other bizarre thing is that my Mozilla has dissappeared completely from my computer, the only reason i'm using Internet Explorer!

It looks like this...

Untitled-1copy.jpg

I just reinstalled firefox..

When I right click on it, this is what it looks like. See how it appears on top of everything else as well. And no, that red X doesn't close it...

Untitled-12copy.jpg

please help

Guest Cowboy Dan
try control panel -> add/remove programs and see if there is anyhting suspect in there

there's something called "search bar - mysearch" but when i try to remove it this white window pops up and nothing else happens. I searched in google already, all i get is sites with free spyware scans...

Guest Cowboy Dan

Well since it won't let me remove it I emailed the people that it said it was made by...

Oh excuse me, I'm so sorry to bother you!

But could you possibly assist in removing this cunting spyware your bandit company has installed on my computer. Not only has it removed the Mozilla browser completely, but everytime I open Internet Explorer I'm greeted with a massive fucking search bar that I did not request or give any form of permission to be installed on my computer.

Every two seconds changes are trying to be made to my computer and frankly, it's becoming very frustrating. "search assistant - my search" is in my "add/remove programs" list but when I try to remove it, only a white box appears and then nothing else happens. Hence I've resorted to coming on this site which was listed as the publisher and sending this email.

I look forward to your reply with full details on how to remove the software, and no bullshit.

Doubt they'll reply...

Guest onlynik

I know you have spybot, but downlaod spybot 1.3, immunise the system and install the teatimer, this should help.

Restart in safe mode, make sure, both spybot and adaware are fully up to date, then run them, you may need to tweak Adaware in the custom scan bitty, change to unregister programs before deletion, to scan ie and hosts file.

Guest Cowboy Dan
Having slept on it if i rememeber correctly it may have come with an upgrade for msn. i think thats how i got it. it may help if you go look for something about that.

Yes, I think that's the problem, my cunting brother installed "MSN Plus!" and i removed immediately when I noticed all the shite that came with it. But he's been secretly reinstalling it whenever he comes on, little bastard.

He's never getting back on here.

Yes' date=' I think that's the problem, my cunting brother installed "MSN Plus!" and i removed immediately when I noticed all the shite that came with it. But he's been secretly reinstalling it whenever he comes on, little bastard.

He's never getting back on here.[/quote']

Yeah thats it then go searching for that there is a removal tool on there you just have to look. its a pain in the ass. it overrides all pop up blockers and everything.

Guest Cowboy Dan

Right did everything you said onlynik and I thought I'd gotten rid of it, then it came up again...

This is what it looks like when I try to uninstall it

spyware.jpg

And these things are popping up every 20 seconds or so, so it's still trying to change somthing...

spyware2.jpg

Please help!