aberdeen-music

Tippi/ Life at Drummonds

Marillionboy

Tippi/ Lift at Drummonds

Caught this gig a month or so back...was very impressed. Had never seen LIFT before having been away from the city for some time and thought they were tremendous, and TIPPI...why isn't she a huge star? The single is terrific, in a good way it sounds like something from 1979, very new wavey and with a bit of balls.

Caught this gig a month or so back...was very impressed. Had never seen LIFT before having been away from the city for some time and thought they were tremendous' date=' and TIPPI...why isn't she a huge star? The single is terrific, in a good way it sounds like something from 1979, very new wavey and with a bit of balls.[/quote']

Really ? I've seen Tippi 4 or 5 times and never really rated her, she played the Frankie Miller Tribute gig amongst other. She's ok but just generic pop chick i thought. Lift are ok though :)

Cheers

Stuart

I've seen her once about a year ago and thought she was good but nothing special. One thing that did really impress was the way she went round the audience afterwards chatting to them - nice touch.

One of my mates saw her in Glasgow a few years ago and says she's far better just with an acousitc guitar.

I was on the guest list for the Frankie Miller tribute and then couldn't make it' date=' I'll never get over that. I've been a fan ever since JUST A BOY'S GAME![/quote']

Aye was an ok gig but the sound let it down, however seeing Ray Wilson singing 'Still in love with you' with Brian Robertson was something special as was bumping into Clare Grogan ;)

Aye and Jo wans't bad either, again let down by the sound. The tribute album rocked tho.

Cheers

Stuart

I saw Tippi once and I was less than impressed. She wasn't dramatically shite or anything, but it was nothing to get excited about, and she struck me as a bit of a Karen O wannabe... I wasn't impressed with being practically deafened when she sang Black Dog by Zep either. Granted, the guitarist played it pretty much note perfect (although I do have it on CD...), but never before has the term "ear-piercing" been so true.

But each to their own and all that.

Frankie could make even an average song sound brethtaking though' date=' although Good Time Love is for me the favourite.[/quote']

Thje Frankie Miller project was one we were iinvolved in, Jo actually recorded a copy of a song called 'Waltzing Away' whcih had never been released but was sadly not featured due to pulishing issues although it was allegedly one of Frankie's favourite covers.

As for our favourit song, seeing as I know your musical taste it'll amke the album worth getting for you:

ray wilson and amanda lyon - good time love

Good album,

Cheers

Stuart

Blimey Good Time Love by Ray and Amanda? What an inspired choice!

I remember Ray Wilson being in Smart Alex one night in about 1991 and thinking what a cool name Stiltskin was when he mentioned it. Was mighty surprised when the next I know they're on TOTP! Still love Inside but to this day haven't heard a single other track from that album.

Blimey Good Time Love by Ray and Amanda? What an inspired choice!

I remember Ray Wilson being in Smart Alex one night in about 1991 and thinking what a cool name Stiltskin was when he mentioned it. Was mighty surprised when the next I know they're on TOTP! Still love Inside but to this day haven't heard a single other track from that album.

Yeah i used to regularly go and see them in Smarties with Guaranteed Pure about '92, '93. I've followed Ray ever since from the first recordings on tape (lost now sadly) to the Outpatients CD, straight through to his new solo CD which i still haven't got yet.

It is a good version but i'd rather see him without Amanda to behonest. I believe Amanda is actually from Aberdeen.

Cheers

Stuart