aberdeen-music

Are you a Drummer or Guitarist looking for a band?

PaulDW

Are you a Drummer or Guitarist looking for a band? - Still Looking...

We (by we I mean Rachel McLennan and myself) are looking for a drummer and a 2nd guitarist to form a new band.

We are looking for confident, committed, creative and entertaining people to start jamming with; with a view to getting original material together for gigs etc.

Influences are diverse but could include bands such as: Funeral For A Friend, Taking Back Sunday, Jeff Buckley, Velvet Revolver, Green Day and Dashboard Confessional.

Gigging/Previous band experience preferred, but really not essential... So don't be put off! If you fit the bill regardless then thats good enough for anybody!

If you are interested then drop 'Porter', 'Stephen' or me a PM, or just reply to the thread! Look forward to hearing from you! :up:

:band:

Guest stuartmaxwell

i am a pretty awesome drummer, have a listen to the new guts on fire of north east scotland stuff, thats me playing on it as tony:i had broken his coxxix

i would be up for it, i live in glasgow mind you

Guest stuartmaxwell

hmm it varies, at least 1 weekend a month so it prob wouldnt be convinient

plus i dont know if my style would suit you guys

see the gofones material

I have checked out some of the stuff and the drumming is very good indeed... Ill be listening to more of this for sure!

But I think we would be looking at practicing fortnightly, maybe even weekly... something like that...? So maybe thats not really workable for you. Mind you, that's only me talking...

Guest stuartmaxwell

doubt i could really commit dude

nothing in stone y'know, plus with the guts on fire of north east scotland stuff and another band in glasgow makes it pretty hard, good luck though

glad you enjoyed the guts on fire of north east scotland material, hopefully will see you at the sticklebrick+gofones show which is looking like december/january time

rock on

No worries mate, thanks for the interest. If you know anybody who might be interested then let them know we are looking... I'm sure someone will come along, but any help is appreciated.

I look forward to that gig then!

No need to be shy... Is there anybody in the Aberdeen or surrounding areas in particular, interested?

1 drummer still required

:band:

already PM'd u... ill do it... heres a little info...

18 years old, just moved to aberdeen for uni, doing design :up:

been playing drums for 6 years, (basically all through high school). Played all sorts of music from the distillers to grease (i actually drummed the whole musical fairly recently haha :up: ). Favourite bands include funeral, killers, billy talent, no doubt etc. Also like bands like slayer, and all the usual classics. I do own my own kit, but its unlikely it'll make an appearance obviously :moody: .

Get back to me :gringo:

Guest SeventhStreetRecords

I would play drums for you.

I already know Stephen and Rachel(a little) so it would be good.

I've played drums for like 6 years. I have my own kit and live in Aberdeen.

Could things BE any easier???

Ewan.

Hey Rach.

Looking for a drummer huh?!?

I have considered coming out of retirement' date=' but i think im gonna retrain an play bass - less stuff to carry around!!!!

All the best.

Steve (ex Dos Dedos)[/quote']

awh man how've you been?! Aint seen you in ages! You should deffinitly come out of retirement, tis a fuckin waste.

xxx

Andy, that really aint the case, and hopefully my texts (There was a lot of them i know, cant call, im at work!!) will explain my problems a little more clearly. Look forward to hearing from you on the matter.

Rach, Stephen... What do you think on the drummer front?

• 1 month later...