aberdeen-music

gofones + sticklebrick

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest stuartmaxwell

drakes is propbably the only venue open minded enough top host such a special occasion (plus the aecc is booked out for the next few months), was really just wondering about the capacity for guts on fire of north east scotlands' 7 medium sized zanussi fridge rider and supersize 19th century persian leather sofa imported from africa (we disenfected it and the sars has been taken care of, so dont worry about another outbreak)

its a pretty big sofa but its an essential part of the set, usually there are a three of mics (one distorted) inserted into the cushion and backing and the strings go from arm to arm, do you reckon your pa could deal with it??the low end is crazy

im kinda trying to sort this stuff out for them at the moment as there are staffing issues and the agencies are wankers, so best just to contact me about it

Regards,

Damn you, Shawn....I was hoping to be the most avid Sticklebrick groupie!!! Now I'll have to be content with carving their name on my inside leg, and spray-painting my lust-filled slogans on the side of Aberdeen's newest (yet somehow crappest) buildings.

I want to have their babies (deformed though they might be).

Oh, GOFONES are great, too!! *afterthought*

Guest stuartmaxwell

yeah it is shaping up to be one hell of a show, i just hope that radio lucifer and mmw are up for supporting, it would make it a great night indeed if two of aberdeens big names were to play with two of aberdeens biggest innovators

Guest stuartmaxwell
ace-when would this be likely to happen?

great question :)

the 3rd album is being finished as we speak, it has been sent to Listerberder Von Gabiado in Prague (a slightly famous classical music composer and producer) to get the right "feel"

the artwork is almost complete and the cover of the album was hand painted by willem godfrey on a stone from balmedie beach. it is looking like a press of only 5000 limited edition recycled vynil, ordered via carrier pigeon. each copy will be personally addressed signed by the band with a specific message to each fan who provides their details with the purchase

we have actually sacked the booking agency and are dealing with it personally. we want things to be just right

it is likely that this special occasion may happen at the end of december/beginning of january, pending on sticklebricks availability

guts on fire of north east scotland have expressed their wish to play with good friends sticklebrick who are going on the world tour, mmw, radio lucifer.

'Listerberber Von Gabiado?' Scoop! This should turn out sounding fantastic... Dark earthy tones with a metaphysical brightness that leads the listener into rooms of spontaniety and parachronistic nostalgia... Can't wait!

Be a fucking blast as well!

As for Sticklebrick. What can I say... Chicks Chicks Chicks!!!! Fundamental rock sensibilities with a 'throw the room out of the tv' attitude!

Jim

I disagree with Twoback joe! Listerberder Von Gabiado is great, of course, but sometimes his productions sound too much the same. His influence can drown out the original band, so Yusef and co need to be prepared to argue with him, in order to avoid being just 'another LVG band'.

He's also talking out of turn calling Sticklebrick "chicks", which suggests they're frivolous and frothy, when we all know they are REAL WOMEN, and not to be tampered with.

He's right about the hotel-trashing scenarios though....I've heard they're not welcome in Glasgow anymore, unless they're prepared to pay for the damages done during their last visit (8,365.38p, plus 4 broken hearts!).

Guest stuartmaxwell

Its alright, yousef personally went accross to see list a few weeks ago and they scrapped a few of the tracks, believe me this stuff is waaaaay out there, it is much much much different to any of Listerberder Von Gabiado's previous work, the only thing that may come close is fireenginecrashtoptip's album "wera botueh mon disorndy", but the mix is more articulate-especially the some of the woodwind instruments, which sound very clinical indeed.

For the pieces where there are miserable voice, there is a particularly "glossy" feel which adds a nice contrast

sticklebrick are indeed real women, during their last tour the bus crashed, not only did they escape the flaming inferno but they saved three manx cats from a burning tree

they do like their booze mind, way too many nights with them drinking dark rum and makers mark and getting "rowdy" esp Zenga Millippison-frisky indeed

its good to see that some people on these boards are open minded enough to be interested

sticklebrick are indeed real women' date=' during their last tour the bus crashed, not only did they escape the flaming inferno but they saved three manx cats from a burning tree

they do like their booze mind, way too many nights with them drinking dark rum and makers mark and getting "rowdy" esp Zenga Millippison-frisky indeed

[/quote']

But did you hear WHY the bus crashed? Apparently Zenga was mooning passing motorists out of the bus window, and her arse got hooked on a passing road sign, thus causing the bus to swerve into a tree. And it was three MANKY cats (Glasgow, remember!) which jumped out, clawing Zenga's left buttock in the process. The Sticklebricks press officer went into overdrive to make it all media-positive, with Zenga the heroine of the hour. They even converted the cat scratches on her buttock into a tattoo of Blakey from 'On the Buses' (or so I've been told.....Zenga's rear end is a no-go area for me, for some reason).

Guest stuartmaxwell

madness, i did not know that

however, the show must go on

keep your eyes peeled

the gofones album is now finished and pressed, it is nothing short of stupendous it does us proud, the show in cottiers theatre (glasgow) went very well last night, there was a bit of trouble at the door though as some fowk couldnt get in and charged the entrance, the police diffused the situation and we paid them off to let us go over the capacity