aberdeen-music

ThE Spoon EP - Fluffy & The Rainbow Bunnies

StewCat

Fluffy & the Rainbow Bunnies...

Probably one of the lest controversial bands in Aberdeen but still failed to be added to the AUBL (Aberdeen Ultimate Band List) due to misunderstandings!Thats maybe why so many of you aint heard them (althought some people claim to have heard them but have not narrow minded people.) F.a.t.R.B's are my favourite Local band but are being held back by lack of gigs and local exposure - this is all going to change if people like it of not!

They have only been together since last February but have recorded a larger number of songs and released 3 Cds (The YEE HAW EP, Help im stuck in a microwave & The David Tan Experience) This is the 4th!

THE SPOON EP

The EP consists of songs and skits about spoons and songs with spoon in the title. Although this sounds odd it is listenable!

Track 1 and 11 are the into and outro to the cd

Track 2 is 'Why cant all spoons go to Heaven?' a short but not sweet grind song - not their best attempt at Grind but still entertaining! (My Pot Bellied Pig is still the best)

Track 3 is 'The Spoon Diaphragm' a bizzare song - it really is Geniuses (although some may say its noise - but i thing that the snow patrol is noise so its a matter of taste i guess) 2 guitars and finger tapping...thats all that was used - and it sounds fantastic! The Lyrics tell a story of a boy walking in on his mother and father experimenting with spoons.

Track 4 is weird - its callled 'Spoon Ocean' and its just fluffy speaking crap

Track 5 is 'Spoon of your Love' - the best track on the CD - its just the best pop music ive heard since the song O-ZONE released during the summer that they kept playing in bars i went to in spain! Its just so good - it lifts you up - the bouncy guitar riff - bopping drums and crazy synth sounds...its so good! You have you hear it to believe it!

Track 6 is a skit called 'Grandparental Spoonesh' - a beat poem about members of some guy called Tanners Family - not for those who love their grandparents!

Track 7 is a new recording of the Classic 'The Madness of Yoghurt' featured on 'Help im stuck in a microwave'

Track 8 - 'Sucking upon a Necro's Spoon Collection (Behold Grandmothers test)' really is in the name - it is slightly...well...hmmm - i dunno but its no ear rape by any of my standards!

Track 9 is 'Go Spoon Get!' - now this is ear rape - its a skit about Buying spoons!

Track 10 is 'Revenge of the Spoons' - another pop song - starts off sounding like a Car Advert but soon picks up and turns into a little hillbilly guitar riff!

Track 12 is the 'conclusion of the spoon' - telling the conclusion would be telling so buy the CD ITS ONLY 1 unless you have a really nice spoon 2 trade!

thank you MisterStewCat for that review

i literally have heard nothing by this band' date=' but they are already my favourite local band.

i am prepared to give these lovely lads several spoons in exchange for 12 songs that have funny titles. it seems like a good deal to me[/quote']

I am sure we can arrange something

better than being shafted by an american holding a dvd boxset of the oc in one hand and dawsons creek on video in the other

Well it all depends on which series of dawsons creek you are talking about.

And are we speaking the whole box sex at once or just on dvd at a time cause again there could be a grey area there......... :laughing: