aberdeen-music

Charlotte Hatherley/Graham Coxon

Guest scott cs.

i'd deffo recommend the graham coxon album, one of the years best i think and some tunes on it that Blur would literally kill for right now. i think with this record coxon was trying to make a point that Blur needed him more than what they realised. not a duff tune in sight.

only heard the charlotte hatherly single so cant comment on that.

i was quite disappointed by the new coxon album and i think it's his weakest yet. okay it's still got some great tunes but it seemed to be trying to hard to make a point rather than just being graham making great music for the his own sake. get the golden d instead if you don't already have it. like i say it's still a good album and worth buying, just don't think it's his best.

i see your point dave, 'the sky is too high' remains my fave coxon album because no-one really knew what to expect of him when he made it. but the new album is tops however i cant help thinking that some songs from it would have made cracking blur singles...

bet albarn thinks the same an all!

i see your point dave' date=' 'the sky is too high' remains my fave coxon album because no-one really knew what to expect of him when he made it. but the new album is tops however i cant help thinking that some songs from it would have made cracking blur singles...

bet albarn thinks the same an all![/quote']

Bet he doesn't, considering he's probably too busy doing a nose flute jam session with some Maoris to spend time doing ace pop songs instead...

But I think the new Coxon album is ace, he was great when I reviewed him playing at King Tut's for the Glasgow Evening Times. Great to see an ex-lead guitarist doing so well, almost erased the horror of reviewing John Squire at the same venue, not quite though...

Coxons recent album is superb

Possibly his best although thats debatable cos he changes the style between albums so much, but as a guitar style rock album its my favorite this year (I think)

Better than anything Blur did

Comparing The Bangles to Big Star is odd....like comparing runny shit to solid gold