aberdeen-music

free city centre new music/media event @ Castlegate

Dizzy Storm

Guest neil ex

for the short period i was there, i thought the event was fantastic, wished i could have stayed. very well organised, the tent was well smart, and it was a great line up. there was lots of children there aswell and generally a cool vibe.

Shift

SHIFT @ the Castlegate Sat 30th Oct 2004 2pm - 10 pm

Jim Ewen , Sharon Drakes , Peacock Visual Arts and Limousine Bull pulled together a multimedia extravaganza at the Castlegate in a huge marquee tent with heating / a bar / portaloos / street entertainers etc which was a magnificent spectacle to behold .

The tent was a great venue , lovely and toasty , and for once , Jimmy the sound engineer got his arse is gear, and made all the acts sound professional.

The hands on creative art was great fun , to the extent of me only listening to the bands , as I was far too busy being creative to give my usual unbridled attention to the performances.

It was great to see so many people from different backgrounds participating in an event which seemed at the time to be as much BY the public as FOR them.

It was very well attended , with The Staccato Set and Kasule giving the stand out performances , and the projections at times STUNNING.

I sauntered off to Dr Drakes to hear more music , which was provided by a guy on guitar and vocals ,who was very good , another guy on vocals / keyboard who was also very good , and then , Amy Sawers (she is a fox , her music even foxier ) , singing her heart out like PJ Harvey with her bass player and drummer doing sterling work.

I managed to get a quick word with Jim Ewen who organised it , and played drums with The Staccato Set , who said it was a resounding success , and , as a punter , I had to agree , THANX VERY MUCKLE everyone , it was the best Saturday afternoon I've had for ages , cheers Biz.

i had great fun, highlights for me were the sawyers, and i suppose ursula major were quite good and i might see them again. loved the cutout fun at the tent, and i've never smelt portaloos fresher than those that we were with graced night. thanks and well done to the organisers, though having started drinking at 6pm, i now feel a little woozy. amy sawyers bass player had a immense sounding sound, i'd love to know what sort of stuff he was using. i think i spied a line6 filter unit.