aberdeen-music

Finnish and Czech hardcore at Drakes yesterday

Guest allsystemsfail

Guest allsystemsfail

Well, what can I say? Shit, what a show. The folks from Finland (Hero Dishonest) and the Czech Republic (See You In Hell + Homo Consumens) produced amazing performances. The intensity was incredible. To the punks who post here who couldn't make it - you missed what was probably one of the most exciting punk/hardcore shows we've seen in Aberdeen.

hero dishonest are possibly the best band ive seen in aberdeen....intense hardcore. i thought they might be good what with all the great bands finland produce (manifesto jukebox, wasted, phoenix foundation) and i wasnt disappointed. was also cool meetin luke (water into beer fanzine...a zine reviewed in my sharpshooter zine) who gave me an early manifesto jukebox album too :D cheers dave for introducin me to him. see you in hell were cool, i wasnt really into homoconsumens as much but a great night. Well done to Dave cos he's on top form with these gigs: Boxed in/knifed( which i sadly missed cos i was in leeds), fighting shit and now this! you deserve a chocolate watch for it!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

A belter of a night, all right. Homo Consumens were the band of the night for me, the other two bands were good live but I wouldn't listen to them at home, not quite raging enough for these lugs. Why can't we have gigs like this more regularly? Oh hang on, there's another on the 29th! Good days indeed. It was also great to pick up vinyl by Avulsion, Rot and Sewn Shut. Punk power. If you missed it, you missed out big style.

Homoconsumens split 7" is ace. The other band are a bit cack, but fuck, they're side is ace. When I stuck it on I though I must have had it on the wrong speed, but I had ti on 33, and write enough, its just fucking RAGIN!

Also got the Hero Dishonest 7", which doesn't really do justice to the live show.

Also got a Grog 7"(what a load of PISH) and a Beergut 100/Zemezluc split 7", which well, I'd never heard Beergut 100, but knwon about them for ages since its Paul from Afterbirth/Social insecurity, and fuck, its ACE!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Fuck, I could have flogged you my copy of that Beergut 100 e.p. It continues to gather dust in my boxroom, along with lots of other punk vinyl.

*waits for people to take the hint*

Guest allsystemsfail
Homoconsumens split 7" is ace. The other band are a bit cack' date=' but fuck, they're side is ace. When I stuck it on I though I must have had it on the wrong speed, but I had ti on 33, and write enough, its just fucking RAGIN!

Also got the Hero Dishonest 7", which doesn't really do justice to the live show.

Also got a Grog 7"(what a load of PISH) and a Beergut 100/Zemezluc split 7", which well, I'd never heard Beergut 100, but knwon about them for ages since its Paul from Afterbirth/Social insecurity, and fuck, its ACE![/quote']

Hey Beergut 100. Collateral Damage (a band with which I was once involved) played a show in Edinburgh (in I think 1999) with these guys. Oi Polloi and Fastard played too. I could be mistaken, but I think it was Fastard's first ever show.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
get a list made up.

if theres plenty of punk/crust stuff' date=' I would be happy to sell it for you on tour.[/quote']

One of these days, just maybe, my incompetent ass will get round to it!

One of these days' date=' just maybe, my incompetent ass will get round to it![/quote']

well, Filthpact go off on tour around Scotland, England, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria and Ireland starting on the 29th of this month. So if you want a way of selling it without actually having to do much work, get your ass in gear and pass all the stuff you want sold on to me, and I'll bring what I can with me round Europe. You can set the prices for them etc.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
well' date=' Filthpact go off on tour around Scotland, England, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria and Ireland starting on the 29th of this month. So if you want a way of selling it without actually having to do much work, get your ass in gear and pass all the stuff you want sold on to me, and I'll bring what I can with me round Europe. You can set the prices for them etc.[/quote']

That sounds ideal, thanks for that ol' bean. They're sitting in boxes in my flat, have you got transport? I could try and lug it down for the gig on the 29th, but it'll be a bugger to get on and off the bus with.

could maybe see if Ben will take me in his car to pick it up. PM me your address and then I'll get back to you with a date and time etc. Also, Ben might want to have a look through for himself. Then I'll take it back, sort through it, and decide what is and isn't worth taking, since well, there isn't UNLIMITED space in the van.

Cheers