aberdeen-music

Saw Velvet Revolver last night in Weegyland

HummerOfIntenseEvil

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a gig! I can now die happy having seen Slash playing live.

Scott Weiland is a great frontman. Camp as Christmas, as all great frontmen are. And he looked fucking ace in the police cap and shades. And Slash and Duff couldn't NOT look ace.

Slither, Fall To Pieces, Sucker Train Blues, Big Machine and Set Me Free were all astounding. Especially Slither.

Just a shame they didn't play You Got No Right and Dirty Little Thing, which are, in my opinion, two of the best tracks on the ablum, and certainly better than Spectacle which they played.

But still, fucking awesome gig. Some great cover versions too, although it would have been nicer if they'd played the whole album.

Not a fan of the band, although one of their songs which is overplayed on all the music channels contains one of the coolest riffs I've heard in a long time!!

A--0--3-4--0--6-7--0--10--0--7--0--5--0--3-4--

D--0--3-4--0--6-7--0--10--0--7--0--5--0--3-4--

Heh thats a guess sitting at my desk at work....wish I had a guitar to play that on just now

Not a fan of the band' date=' although one of their songs which is overplayed on all the music channels contains one of the coolest riffs I've heard in a long time!!

A--0--3-4--0--6-7--0--10--0--7--0--5--0--3-4--

D--0--3-4--0--6-7--0--10--0--7--0--5--0--3-4--

Heh thats a guess sitting at my desk at work....wish I had a guitar to play that on just now[/quote']

That looks like it'll be the riff for Slither. Fucking ace song.

How were The Backyard Babies?

Well I wasn't particularly impressed, although I think I was in the minoity cos most people seemed to be enjoying them. They were certainly getting a lot of applause. However, the sound wasn't the greatest (actually that's the same for VR's set) so I couldn't make a proper judgement.

Their guitarist pulled some good shapes, but the bassist was as stiff as a corpse. The singer was certainly trying his best to give a bit of banter.

But as far as I was concerned, I just wanted to see VR!

Aye it was' date=' although I had to go look at the t-shirt stand to find out.

I wanted a Velvet Revolver t-shirt, but I don't pay 20 for a t-shirt.

I could have bought the pants instead though.... except that they were women's knickers, and they were pink.[/quote']

You were 25 for an Incubus shirt at the Barras as I remember...

Disappointing that they didn't play 'Bombed' as it's my face Backyard Babies song by miles.

I telt Marsh there was an ace support band :)