aberdeen-music

MUD ... tell me it's not true!

Jimsin

Getting ready for MUD & got a call to say there's a notice on the door saying that after many years it's finally come to an end.

I hadn't heard anything about this & all seems very sudden. Is it really true? I've been going to Mud Club in it's various incarnations since the dawn of time. I don't think I can handle a world without it *sob*

Originally posted by Johnny Mac

i'd heard a rumor about this happening

how many people actually go on a monday these days anyway? a couple of hundred? it was always dead when I used to go.....

Was still IMHO the best night on a Monday by miles ... not to mention the fact that the drinks had just been dropped to 1 like they were @ The Palace.

As Aberdeen's longest running Alternative night I'd have thought that there would be some sort of announcement if it was really coming to an end. Still, I can't see my friends making it up :(

I heard the same thing, but my info is limited... so don't ask me any questions. I am friend's with friend's of staff though... so it may well be true.

I never went on a Monday so... my comments about the night are useless.

After much thought on the matter we have decided to bring Mud Club to an end. We had put up notices explaining the situation, but obviously some kind soul pulled them down.

Basically we felt that with two other clubs trying to cash in by doing alternative nights on a monday we had two options :

a) try and fight it out with them - cheaper drinks, free admission yadda yadda

b) regroup and try and take the night forward to the next level.

We felt there was a danger that you would all get bored coming to 4 alternative nights at the same club, where the whole thing was come along, pay in, have a few drinks, listen to the music, go home.

We were trying to make the music as diverse as possible, and we still believe we have the best club, with the best staff and by far the best DJ's but we have decided to relaunch a new night, on a different day of the week, that is completely different to everything you have seen before. No it won't be as cheap as some of the other nights people are doing out their, but we have taken the decision to add value, not cut costs.

We want to be the market leaders, not just doing the same as everyone else.

look out for the new themed night in about 4 weeks, I gaurantee it is going to take alternative nights to the next level. Mud Club used to be the most common reason given for university students missing lectures on a tuesday morning and that is our target for this new night.

and without wishing to be bitchy I have personally heard a manager of another venue that is trying to compete say about their alternative night

'their all fucking weirdo goths, but as long as they have daddies money to spend I couldn't give a fuck'

Hopefully we have a better attitude than that.

Originally posted by Singingstarfish

does that mean it's going to be on a monday too?

going on what rob just posted and what I was told in HJBs at lunchtime today it's not going to be on a monday.

Now the big question is what the hell do I do on my birthday now, was all set to go to mudd now I'll have to think of something else or just really make the most of the friday night before it.

Originally posted by PrincessHolly

That word is an old favourite of mine, that time forgot.

You just made me laugh out loud for a very long time in the college I.T. centre. I'm so embarrased but god damn it was worth it.

Thankyou Chris. You are a hero.

excellent, glad to see some good come out of the Mudd's demise.

oh well... Shit certainly happens!! But i agree with some of what has been said. I prefere to go to an actual alternative night club instead of a one night venue. I do like debaser but i liked mud far better hence why i have not made an appearance in exodus in a while.

I also think a change may be good for the club. Some ppl have been known to get bored of the same thing over and over so good job...

looking forward to the changes....

would i lie?