aberdeen-music

Nba

waltz

I just watched the highlights of everything from the weekend it didn't look like anything special in the all star game.

As the actual season goes Heat are beginning to gel now and Lebron was on an absolute tear leading up to the all star break.

I read somewhere as well that Rose might be out for the entire season as well now?  That's a real shame for the Bulls as with him they'd be legit contenders in the East.

Yeah, the Heat look pretty unbeatable, although the Spurs still have the best record. The Nets beat them last week though so statistically they will win the championship.

A lot of folk saying the Pacers and the Knicks are the only two teams in the East who could potentially cause an upset. I can see why with the Pacers. They're such a good team at winning when shooting badly, they just don't let teams score against them. 

Yeah I think the Pacers could be the dark horse.  I still don't rate the Knicks as conference champion material.  They are a good team but I don't see them winning the tough games come playoff time.

The West is a totally different beast though there's easily 3/4 teams there that could go to the finals and give it a real go.

I dunno... I'm torn with the Knicks because they definitely can beat any team when they play well. I could see them absolutely trouncing the Heat on their day... just not over 7 games. Still, I think they'll outlast the Pacers. The more game time for Shumpert's high top fade the better in my opinion. It really is a thing of beauty.

Don't get to watch as much Western as Id like - coz of the time diff. Shame coz chris paul and KD are great to watch. Clippers might be next year's team though, its a toss up between the Spurs and OKC

Making my 3rd trip of the season to Barclays next Sunday to see Nets V Grizzlies. Can't wait.

Nets v Grizzlies was good fun. D-will was getting some shockingly rough treatment from the Grizzlies D and it wasn't getting called. He played great though which is promising going into the play-off push. Grizzlies defence is no joke, so fast. Tayshaun Prince's arms just come out of nowhere - i'd not really seen that stealthy efficient play from him on defence in the past. You just forgot he was playing for stretches untill BOOM he nicks the ball away and releases it for a quick break. He had a huge impact on the game yet must have only had the ball in his possession a matter of seconds in total.

Terrible ending - level with a minute to play, grizzlies get a dodgy goal tending call and another weird foul and end up winning by 5.

oh yeah, and this also happened.... (i'm somewhere to the side of this, just off screen). Fuck it, i'm not gonna hate on it - it was pretty good fun.

Did anyone see the Knicks v GSW game last night? It was unbelievable. Steph Curry hits 54 points and they still got beat. Tyson Chandler gets a double double including 28 rebounds, JR Smith was sinking everything in the clutch, Melo was awesome throughout and even Amare played well. Best game i've seen in a long time.

Just look at how quick Curry sets himself to shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QebHyfLy5g

Did anyone see the Knicks v GSW game last night? It was unbelievable. Steph Curry hits 54 points and they still got beat. Tyson Chandler gets a double double including 28 rebounds, JR Smith was sinking everything in the clutch, Melo was awesome throughout and even Amare played well. Best game i've seen in a long time.

Just look at how quick Curry sets himself to shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QebHyfLy5g

yeah man, that was an awesome game.

How about those Lakers? They're really coming out strong right now. I'm predicting they'll do well in the playoffs (if they sneak in). Howard has been looking almost back to his best. Noone will want to get them in the playoffs that's for sure. There's nothing like Kobe Bryant with a point to prove.

I think I said in my last post but the West is so wide open, any number of teams could come out of there.  If the Lakers can get in they could run and win it.  I hope they meet and beat the Clippers, that would be a good story.

I still can't see past the Heat in the East though, The King is playing at MVP level and Wade/Bosh are still delivering at a high level.  I love the addition of the Birdman as well, he gives them a big that actually wants to block shots and rebound the ball occasionally.

I take my hat off to Dwayne Wade. He's what, a 4 or 5 time straight all-star? Easily the main man of any team in the division yet he plays in such a way that gives Lebron the mantle. He's diminished his role in order to do what's best for the team and I respect that. Look at the Knicks last year with amare and melo - if one of those two just swallowed their pride they'd have been a much better team. Lebron wouldnt be playing anywhere near as well as he is without Wade's help.

Yeah I do think some of that is down to Wade losing a step though.  He's been in the league a while now and is a fair bit (for sports) older than LeBron.  Plus Wade has had so many injuries over the years I think he's just realised this is actually better for him as well.  I do agree though that what he is doing is helping LeBron.  Bosh as well playing the role of the 3rd star, he'd be a star on his own in some of the awful teams like he was in Toronto.  He'd even be a very good number 2 on most of the good teams in the league.

• 2 weeks later...

That game was great. I turned it on after the Nets were up by 30+ points in the 4th quarter against the Pistons. Nets are great at losing big leads but I thought I could safely assume that one was done and dusted.

Boston led by 17 points at one point then Lebron waltzes back in and says 'fuck this', scores 9, gets 3 assists and hits essentially the game winning shot. Proper championship level stuff.

Battier at the end was cheeky as fuck. 7 seconds remaining, he blocks a lay up attempt by Green and manages to roll the ball off his arm as it's going out to get possession. Then an inbound pass up the other end with 1 second remaining, sees Pierce turn his back as he looks around for someone to foul as soon as the ball is in play, lobs the ball off pierce's arse, gets the ball back, game ends... It was great.

• 3 weeks later...

Financial reports coming out today saying the Nets are 4th in the league now for merch sales. That's up from 39th last season! I've said all along, however the team performs the branding around the team and the potential for market penetration is impeccable. They've really hit a sweet spot with the black and white/Brooklyn identity.

Deron Williams jersey is the 6th highest selling behind Lebron, KD, Melo, DRose and Kobe. That's pretty surprising.

So... I know it's a while away yet but...picks for the playoffs anyone? It looks like the Nets will get the Bulls first round. Wouldn't be too disappointed with that. WE can beat them with or without Noah. Would want to avoid Heat/Knicks - obviously - and Hawks. That team scares me for some reason. We never play well against them.

I fancy the Knicks to get the the East final. I think the Nuggets will surprise in the West.

Heat will win the East.

West I think it'll depend on round two of the playoffs.  I think the top 4 seeds will win round 1.  So the Nuggets might get stuck against the Thunder in which case I fancy the Thunder to win that and then the West.

Heat win the title is still my prediction.  Should get to play less games in the playoffs than whoever comes out the West and playing against a rested LeBron/DWade will be bad.

It looks like the Heat are nailed on for the Championship and rightly so. They've been unstoppable all season. Lebron and and Wade are getting rested in games just now so it'l be frightening to see them in the playoffs. I'm finding it harder and harder to dislike the Heat too - the cockyness seems to have evaporated a little and they're just playing straight up good basketball.. Anderson coming back too has just taken them to another level.

Yeah I never got the hate for the Heat, apart from LeBrons "decision".  They set up that year to have the cap space to get two more stars and they got their men.

I've loved the addition of Anderson I was saying even last season when they won it that they really need a big man who wants to play defence and block shots.  They've got that now and like you said getting rest now is just what you want for the playoff stretch.

• 2 weeks later...

Playoffs!

Nets killed it. Bulls were terrible. I can't see the Bulls putting up another sloppy performance at all in the series so I'm not getting ahead of myself. I don't think we'll win but if we do the prospect of a playoff series with the Heat happening down the road from me is wetting my panties.

Watched the Knicks, Nuggets, Nets, Spurs, a bit of the Heat and some of the OKC game. So far so predictable. With all this good basketball going on I've gotta pace myself and pick only the worthwhile games, otherwise I'll gorge myself and be sick by the end. Nuggets/GSW and Nets/Bulls are the standouts for me. Toughest to call at least. 

There's a LOT of plastic Knicks fans douching up the city at the moment. Figured i'd watch some of the games in a proper sports bar on sat. Get there for the knicks game, place is rammed with bros wearing all the gear but hardly watching the game. Nets game later on - there were still loads of knicks fans in getting boozy and now in the realms of being 'out out'. THEY TURNED DOWN THE COMMENTARY AND PUT ON SOME SHITTY DANCE MUSIC BECAUSE THATS WHAT THE CROWD WANTED. in a fucking sports bar! I was livid. But outnumbered.

Oh... DWill dunked a basketball! I couldn't believe it.

Playoffs!

Nets killed it. Bulls were terrible. I can't see the Bulls putting up another sloppy performance at all in the series so I'm not getting ahead of myself. I don't think we'll win but if we do the prospect of a playoff series with the Heat happening down the road from me is wetting my panties.

Watched the Knicks, Nuggets, Nets, Spurs, a bit of the Heat and some of the OKC game. So far so predictable. With all this good basketball going on I've gotta pace myself and pick only the worthwhile games, otherwise I'll gorge myself and be sick by the end. Nuggets/GSW and Nets/Bulls are the standouts for me. Toughest to call at least. 

There's a LOT of plastic Knicks fans douching up the city at the moment. Figured i'd watch some of the games in a proper sports bar on sat. Get there for the knicks game, place is rammed with bros wearing all the gear but hardly watching the game. Nets game later on - there were still loads of knicks fans in getting boozy and now in the realms of being 'out out'. THEY TURNED DOWN THE COMMENTARY AND PUT ON SOME SHITTY DANCE MUSIC BECAUSE THATS WHAT THE CROWD WANTED. in a fucking sports bar! I was livid. But outnumbered.

Oh... DWill dunked a basketball! I couldn't believe it.

And what a wonderful dunk it was too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v-5RzVlu8_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heat for me like. I really don't see anyone stopping them over a seven-game series. The Bucks were panned the other night, but they have Jennings, Redick, Ellis, etc. who can go hot in an instant. Saying that, I doubt they'll be much more than an appetizer for LeBron and co. I'd like to see the Nets pull-up some trees though. I have a big soft spot for D-Will and the franchise's identity is really cool.

I'm a Magic fan. We did a tremendous job of tanking this year, along with shifting most of the overpaid shite from the roster. Hopefully we can use our high draft pick to nab somebody good this year, get rid of Turkoglu and Harrington, tank another season, then snap-up a stud from the 2014 draft, which apparently looks incredible. That'd be nice. 

I love the playoffs though. Basketball is easily the most accessible American sport for me. I've no idea whatsoever about the game's nuances, but it's just too easy to watch.

And what a wonderful dunk it was too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v-5RzVlu8_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heat for me like. I really don't see anyone stopping them over a seven-game series. The Bucks were panned the other night, but they have Jennings, Redick, Ellis, etc. who can go hot in an instant. Saying that, I doubt they'll be much more than an appetizer for LeBron and co. I'd like to see the Nets pull-up some trees though. I have a big soft spot for D-Will and the franchise's identity is really cool.

I'm a Magic fan. We did a tremendous job of tanking this year, along with shifting most of the overpaid shite from the roster. Hopefully we can use our high draft pick to nab somebody good this year, get rid of Turkoglu and Harrington, tank another season, then snap-up a stud from the 2014 draft, which apparently looks incredible. That'd be nice. 

I love the playoffs though. Basketball is easily the most accessible American sport for me. I've no idea whatsoever about the game's nuances, but it's just too easy to watch.

The magic were the worst team this season for me. The Raptors and the Bobcats showed more fight and spirit than they did. Fair enough, they got absolutely goosed in the Howard deal and they'll no doubt be much stronger next year but still, terrible to watch. 

I've watched just about every Nets game this year and that's the first time DWill has had a clear breakaway/possibility to dunk. Which seems strange. He's playing with such a swagger right now. Was debating with one of my friends about various players in the league this wknd and we both agreed that you could make an argument for DWill being up there with the most talented players right now, possible THE most talented. As in natural ball handling skills and finishing. There are better players who have more to their game, make crazy shots, play physical, drive to the rim, post up better, etc but he's like a Dimitar Berbatov in my mind - just has that x factor most players would kill for. His dribbling skills are fucking insane.

Good to see Lopes play his best game in a while too. He's been quiet since the break.

There isn't a single pundit who has anyone but the heat winning the championship. On paper, you'd think it's a boring year but I really don't think so. The Bucks went toe-to-toe with them for the first half. I don't think they'll trouble them over the series but I'm not so sure it's as foregone a conclusion as it may seem. I can see the Knicks, OKC or the Spurs taking them the distance and who knows, there's a lot of games to be played, there might be an injury or a dip in form in there somewhere. I'm remaining optimistic. Not because I don't think the Heat deserve to win, just for the spectacle of seeing them tested.

I got myself this dope t-shirt in time for the playoffs - pretty apt for posting on a forum:

brooklyn-internets-zoom.jpg