aberdeen-music

The Bloody Marys - Who are/were they?

They were a big (around Aberdeen) band of the early to mid 90's. i remember them playing a lot of places when i used to go see Guaranteed Pure playign about 94, and iirc they had a gig at the Capital for their farewell gig in 1997 (I think), I went to see David Devant and his Spirit Wife instead :)

The Bloody Marys were a popular band in the late 90's playing all over the NE Scotland particularly, but also regularly in Edinburgh and occasionally Glasgow.

The Farewell gig was at the Music Hall in 1999, although we played 3 shows in the Capitol in 95/96.

We're back with a (gang) bang now. We played a successful reunion show at the Forum earlier in the year, and are playing the Lemon Tree on 27th May.

The Facebook page linked above is the best place to find info/ contact the band.

Didn't they all work in Bruce Millers? I'm sure Barry and Steve did anyway.

As far as I remember they were a very professional and superorganised covers band with shit hot gear and a transvestite gimmick.

Saw very little of them myself due to my rampant coverbandophobia, but they certainly knew how to play the game.

As far as I remember they were a very professional and superorganised covers band with shit hot gear and a transvestite gimmick.

That's my understanding too. Saw them a few times when I was working at functions at The Queen's Hotel.

All that said, mate who saw their comeback show said the tranny thing is not a good plan now they are past 40...