aberdeen-music

Pelican King Tuts last night

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest stuartmaxwell

to say it was mindblowing is putting it lightly

what a show!one of the best bands i have seen in a long time

downtuned to the max, no vocals, just pure progressive rock in the key of C and A!Utterly fabulous!their two new songs were out of this world, and even went into post rock at one point!mmmmm

the support band Jesu were fucking outstanding also!two guys (ex godflesh i hear), a laptop and an effects rack. A thinking mans dirge of rock and riffs a plenty buried in the mish mash of effects and electronic drums, the bass was rumbling through me!

unfortunately they didnt have anything for sale, which sucks as i really wanted to buy a cd!

great show indeed, very hot!!

:up::up:

Guest stuartmaxwell

end of everything??

i couldnt believe it was their first gig, they had a great drummer but i thought they were sloppy at times

entertaining enough, but i thought they sounded like most metalcore bands, sounded very like killswitch engage

they were alright, the drummer hit the kit VERY VERY hard and VERY VERY fast, very talented guy

Pelican were ace, especially 'Drought'...such a tune!!

i didnt think much of Jesu (dont hit me!) i just didnt get it, sorry! started off promising but then just dragged on and sounded to me like Jason (is that his name?!) was just having major problems with his guitar...!

but everyone else i was with loved them so what does that tell ye....?! yes, that i know no nothing probably!!! :rolleyes:

but the journey home in the mental rain and lightning (couldnt see 3 feet in front of the car most of the way and had to practically crawl up the motorway!), listening to Neurosis really loud was an experience!!

sharon

to be fair' date=' just listened to the Jesu tracks phil posted about above and i like them! wish i'd listened to them first before the gig....i thought the live sound was pretty crap for Jesu, certainly didnt sound as good as that! i eat my words......

sharon[/quote']

but, that's all good, if you liked the recorded stuff Vs the live stuff...

Godflesh were always one of those bands I wanted to see, so I should have been there last night. I had to go to the car auctions and buy a new motor....my poor old mitsubishi is dying...boohoo.

Did you ever hear the story of Godflesh playing in germany, the bass was soo looud that one guy lost his hearing in one ear, and a lady had an orgasm because of the vibrations...

Guest stuartmaxwell

i need a fix of jesu but i am at work :(

ooh 5 hours of work to go, then up the road to the deen for the laeto, sucioperro and small enclosed area show woot woot!!

everyone should attend!!!!!!!

fucking hell, it was amazing!! you sure they were downtuned though stuart? certainly didn't think they were as low as a, maybe i was too busy loving every note they played to notice!! it was sooo good. drought was awesome. as was the new stuff. some of the chords they were playing looked tough as well, some serious stretching going on. and the pedals!! oh the pedals were beautiful. rack upon rack of wonderous machines.

jesu were awesome too, didn't quite go as planned for them i dont' think but still was ace. i think every guitarist in the audience was taking notes whenever justin was controlling the feedback from his guitar. some great sounds. and the inevitable computer crash was a shame though, but got back into it well.

end of everything were cool, sids vocals were awesome. really heavy and the drummer ruled.

you sure they were downtuned though stuart? certainly didn't think they were as low as a....some of the chords they were playing looked tough as well' date=' some serious stretching going on. and the pedals!! oh the pedals were beautiful. rack upon rack of wonderous machines.

think every guitarist in the audience was taking notes whenever justin was controlling the feedback from his guitar..[/quote']

bloody muso's eh?! :rolleyes::D:cheers:

shaz