aberdeen-music

Beautiful by Design

MC Nice Andrew

I think it's a bit weird that the first I'm hearing of you guys is that you've split up. You've got a melodic sound and somewhere in there a song may be buried.. but the vocals aren't coherent or selling it. I'm just having trouble hearing the song through a wall of stuff that's going on. I like the intro, it's pretty funky.

Maybe look at EQing it a bit to scoop out some of the excess sound (and mix down cymbal hits) and give the vocals some breathing room.

I think it's important to focus on the song first and worry about the admittedly cool instrument sounds and gimmicky stuff later.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

I think it's a bit weird that the first I'm hearing of you guys is that you've split up. You've got a melodic sound and somewhere in there a song may be buried.. but the vocals aren't coherent or selling it. I'm just having trouble hearing the song through a wall of stuff that's going on. I like the intro, it's pretty funky. Maybe look at EQing it a bit to scoop out some of the excess sound (and mix down cymbal hits) and give the vocals some breathing room. I think it's important to focus on the song first and worry about the admittedly cool instrument sounds and gimmicky stuff later. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks for the feedback fella.

Yeah, it's a shame; I started playing with them not 5 or 6 months ago at which point they were already an established band - never really crossed my mind to post stuff on here as there was no new material.

I think the comments are a resonable testament to my abilities with mixing - though ill definatley give it another shot.